Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

"Look Josephine, that head of the Government quango is on 400K a year.. that's it, load up the wagon, we're leaving the country!!"

I mean who says something that... outside of Ray D'Arcy ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 GottaLaugh

Maxwell is branding things "inexplicable", which is more a reflection on his lack of insight, than things being inexplicable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Working as a doctor in Ireland is fcuking ridiculous. Service jobs with ridiculous hours. Poor training.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

Windows 7? Plebs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,321 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Windows 7? Plebs.

8/8.1 hasn't been adopted by many organisations because it's a pain in the hole to tell people how to use.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Just like Ger Brennan not mentioning he is a religion teacher in his article.

In fairness to Ger Brennan. I think him (and a couple of the other GAA players) came out to give their opinions on the referendum as perhaps they felt a bit aggrieved with the GPA (who represent them in their sport) coming out earlier saying "they" were on the Yes side. I think if he wanted to distance himself from their "group advocacy" it is fair enough. Perhaps it shows he is passionate about his vote and I am sure his education/profession influenced that.

I am a Yes voter so I don't agree with his views but he has a right to say it without mentioning he was a teacher of religion and I am sure noone would have criticised a GAA player who came out to advocate Yes and not mentioning if they were gay.

Could some of the doctors not retrain as vets so that they could look after Damien's cattle..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

This lad will never make an important speech in his life. Can't talk for ****e.

That is an amazing insight from that doctor. Haven't heard it put so starkly.
    Shameful, stupid country in many ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Jaysus..

• Advertisement
    M

You would think we were talking about getting people back who left during the 1840's/50s potatoe crop failure. Everyone is a phonecall away now, they can be home pretty much from anywhere on earth in 24 hours.

That's a low blow and random point from Maxwell... Why doesnt he go to the States where he can pay for all of his health problems out of his own pocket.. He thinks he's still on Dont Feed The Gondolas where he can make over the top statements in a vain attempt to be funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

That is an amazing insight from that doctor. Haven't heard it put so starkly.
    Shameful, stupid country in many ways.

A lot of what he said could be said about an awful lot of Irish workplaces. Very articulate.

'Sutiva' case!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,572 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

In fairness to Ger Brennan. I think him (and a couple of the other GAA players) came out to give their opinions on the referendum as perhaps they felt a bit aggrieved with the GPA (who represent them in their sport) coming out earlier saying "they" were on the Yes side. I think if he wanted to distance himself from their "group advocacy" it is fair enough. Perhaps it shows he is passionate about his vote and I am sure his education/profession influenced that.

I am a Yes voter so I don't agree with his views but he has a right to say it without mentioning he was a teacher of religion and I am sure noone would have criticised a GAA player who came out to advocate Yes and not mentioning if they were gay.

He made sure to emphasise that he is a GAA player but didn't bother to mention that he's a religion teacher. Clearly this was intentional to downplay his real reason for voting No. Well that's my opinion anyway.

GottaLaugh wrote: »
    Maxwell is branding things "inexplicable", which is more a reflection on his lack of insight, than things being inexplicable.

He isn't an academic on the subject of emigration/ economics, no doubt about that but he has life experience (work, his wife) which gives him a strong viewpoint on the issue. Nice guy I always thought also. One of Ireland good comedians.

She MAY have consumed two different types of ecstacy tablets... I was listening to the news today and I couldnt understand how RTE were reporting hearsay... It must be very hurtful for the family...

M

She MAY have consumed two different types of ecstacy tablets... I was listening to the news today and I couldnt understand how RTE were reporting hearsay... It must be very hurtful for the family...

Exactly, she may have taken nothing, until the tests come through the media shouldn't speculate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

Nipple

He made sure to emphasise that he is a GAA player but didn't bother to mention that he's a religion teacher. Clearly this was intentional to downplay his real reason for voting No. Well that's my opinion anyway.

I get what you are saying, but at the end of the day he was trying to influence people to vote a certain way which is what all people are trying to do when they speak out during the pre-vote process.
    I say he knew that mentioning the religion teaching wouldn't help. As people would see it as a "professional tactical vote". But the fact that he teaches religion in first place may be because he has strong certain beliefs.
    As I said the reason he mentioned the GAA thing was to distance himself from the GPA "Vote Yes" campaign. It was just too much of a coincidence that a few GAA players advocating NO spoke out straight after that. GPA had made a big public launch using their status. Without perhaps consulting their members properly.

• Advertisement

Measured contribution from that chap. Well said. Beware peer pressure and look out for each other..

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭diddley

GottaLaugh wrote: »
    Measured contribution from that chap. Well said. Beware peer pressure and look out for each other..

+1, Likewise from the woman after him. Upsetting to see them both so affected by it :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'm just watching on the +1. Pat Treacy was 2 years behind me in school. I can't believe how much he's changed.

Averil Power on. Just finished now.
    Claire looking incredible as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Interesting interview with the post election interview tonight....

To say it's not personal by her has to be a joke on her behalf.......Averil practically spat on Mickey Martin's grave.

I'd love Claire to have asked her was there any influence there from the hubby?

She parachuted in on a FF ticket......Without the FF card, she would have never made it, I wonder is the advice - as you get, I would imagine - she is better off as an Independent?....

The mind boggles........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,142 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Averil banking on the LBGT vote in the next election i'd say.

I've always liked Averil. Maybe it's because she's adopted, a natural outsider (no disrespect at all by saying that). Was never gonna be at home in FF the antithesis of that.

Jaysus Bill Tormey.

Averil banking on the LBGT vote in the next election i'd say.

Elections will have to have the same social media presence tayto as they did this time to have the same presence and effect - time will tell - as the Talleyman would say........

Which is what we love about elections!!

I can't wait!

I've always liked Averil. Maybe it's because she's adopted, a natural outsider (no disrespect at all by saying that). Was never gonna be at home in FF the antithesis of that.

Jaysus Bill Tormey.

I'd have to say te - that's a broad statement to make??..........

Not at all what I would know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Leaving cert student with 2 kids already. Bloody hell.

Advertisement