Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Simon Harris is an annoying little prat ......his apology to Rachel about her husband sound condescending and pat! A 28 year old has experienced nothing of life ..... he will not feel the pain and hardship that people,are experiencing !

He's clearly experienced in debates... Roasted the other 3 speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I don't understand this idea of a 'give-away' budget. I am paying tax at a marginal rate of 51% even though I'm earning less than the average industrial wage. If I get some relief on that rate, I regard it as being fleeced a bit less. By taking less off someone is not 'giving' them anything, it is simply taking less off them.

The way I look at if Roger - If I was an industrial tool I couldn't be screwed more......:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,906 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

dorgasm wrote: »

Repeating the same unvouched spin (as exampled by the stories from the audience members) is not roasting the opposition

That doesn't mean he's right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

dorgasm wrote:

Harris came across as arrogant and condescending.
    You must have been watching a different debate if you think he 'roasted' anyone, he kept getting undermined by statements of reality from the others and audience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,906 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Harris came across as arrogant and condescending.

More irritating given the fact that in his 28 years he hasn't actually done anything except live in the political system from what I can tell (open to correction - had a quick look at his site and Wiki page).

Yep, that qualifies him for a TD salary and (junior) ministerial post, and to lecture about taxation and employment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I don't agree with everything he said by any means. I was just pointing out that I think he debated much better than the others.

His answer to the lady whose husband suffered through many deficiencies in the HSE was basically...but there is a lovely well equipped room on the far side of the hospital for the benefit of not your husband.

If that is 'better' debating I fancy FG have your vote anyway.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    More irritating given the fact that in his 28 years he hasn't actually done anything except live in the political system from what I can tell (open to correction - had a quick look at his site and Wiki page).

Yep, that qualifies him for a TD salary and (junior) ministerial post, and to lecture about taxation and employment...

Precisely my point :rolleyes:

Talking the talk .... but has no personal experience whatsoever if he entered politics at 24!
    And he probably learnt his debating skills at the debating society in college ....it proves nothing ! " Empty vessels" etc etc etc .....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Precisely my point :rolleyes:

Talking the talk .... but has no personal experience whatsoever if he entered politics at 24!
    And he probably learnt his debating skills at the debating society in college ....it proves nothing ! " Empty vessels" etc etc etc .....!

I take your point.

But does age in politics really make you better?

Bertie, cowen, Adams, even enda are no spring chickens and look what image they have in the public eye.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    I take your point.

Bertie, cowen, Adams, even enda are no spring chickens and look what image they have in the public eye.

Of course it does........

The above mentioned have been in the public service for years! Enda took over his dads seat and still has his teachers pension for God's sake!! Age makes them even more powerful and clever with dealing with the public....They are brought up for this job.

It's the likes of this that makes people cynical of nepotism!!.....

Just look at the likes of RTE!!!!

• Advertisement

JustTheOne wrote: »
    I take your point.

Age (usually) means life experience ..... which should be an asset in politics!

Just how I feel...... I'd never vote for someone in their twenties .... sorry :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Age (usually) means life experience ..... which should be an asset in politics!

Just how I feel...... I'd never vote for someone in their twenties .... sorry :-)

With more experience comes more ways to con the average Joe I would think:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Leo V realise he is over the Health Dept not just a spokesperson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Yeah. It was all spin and soundbites. Nothing of any substance as to what he's going to do. Just winding down the clock till the election.

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

Fecking neck on them....where's all her money gone from tv3.
    No sign of either her husband or father coming on tv to beg for a house...
    ....and as for the rubbish over the wall..stop throwing it over the wall and it won't be a problem. Rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Totally agree

Stop burning down your own houses and they won't need to be rebuilt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,443 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Yep, she has a tv programme. How about she provide a house for herself.
    Complaining about the collection of tyres etc is just funny seeing as they would be directly responsible themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Discussion on halting sites :anyone watching?

No sign of Katie's man tonight either...tv shy.
    Here's some free advice...tie a knot on your man's knob and stop having kids until you can support them yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

they need to be embraced

snipey wrote: »
    they need to be embraced

They are...embraced by the rubbish and shìtè they surround themselves and their "homes" with.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Yes.

Travelers need to hire some good PR people.

They have a perception of being involved in crime and that is why people don't want to live closely to Travelers.

I've a thread going already...
    Unreal ****è as per usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

it's their culture,

Culture?....they're hiding behind that one long enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

How bloody biased is this

The majority don't want anything to do with these people

Who is pushing this

The dole should be abolished if on it for three years.
    You would be surprised to see how people would find work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,443 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I heard a politician on the radio about 1 year ago.
    When questioned as to why traveller housing was costing €500k per unit, he went on to say the units were large and high spec including for example a concrete yard to facilitate the traditional activity of scrap collection.
    The state are basically providing free housing and not alone turning a blind eye to the black market activities but actively facilitating it.

• Advertisement

If we had PBP doing economics, they would have no money for €100 a week.

Advertisement