Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

lol a voter says the government will get a rude awakening as young people will vote after the equality referendum...she fails to mention the government were responsible for that referendum.

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

RobertKK wrote: »
    The dole should be abolished if on it for three years.
    You would be surprised to see how people would find work.

Most of the culture are on disability...

Homeless guy is sensible, fact is too many expect the government to do something for them, rather than doing something themselves.

Most of the culture are on disability...

Most of which is laziness.

This other young fella in the crowd is doing nothing for himself with a tracksuit top and stupid haircut...no one would be willing to give him a job if he can't even put a shirt on for TV.

• Advertisement

This is good, one woman putting her fingers in her ears.

Too many people feel entitled.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

On TV3 now a woman is really desperate for a council house.

I have to rent. I work. Can I have a house?

Start with good quality jobs = We won't accept working our way up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

"They won't be that age forever"

Jesus wept. There's the government's approach to the youth of Ireland in a nutshell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,443 ✭✭✭✭road_high

They are...embraced by the rubbish and shìtè they surround themselves and their "homes" with.

All I could think to myself looking at all the rubbish etc, why can't they get up off their arses and clean it up themselves? Christ if my yard or garden looked like that, that's what I'd be doing. Shocking entitlement, welfare culture going on with travellers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭alcea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

The dole should be abolished if on it for three years.
    You would be surprised to see how people would find work.

And those who couldn't find work could always just commit suicide.

Nib wrote: »
    "They won't be that age forever"

Jesus wept. There's the government's approach to the youth of Ireland in a nutshell.

Yes but it's up to young people to do things for themselves too. No point young able bodies chaps like that sitting around on their holes all day and whining about the dole. It's nuts, completely nuts.

alcea wrote: »

Wanted payments for their horses... :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

road_high wrote: »
    Yes but it's up to young people to do things for themselves too. No point young able bodies chaps like that sitting around on their holes all day and whining about the dole. It's nuts, completely nuts.

He's with people before profit. Says it all really. We want everything handed to us and we want middle earners to pay for it.

Seen their leaflet today with houses for travellers on the front.

That youngfella sitting their ranting thinking he's some hero of the nation.

Claire asked him if he would emigrate. Fantastic idea for him.

Start with good quality jobs = We won't accept working our way up.

I'm only 32 and I had to start somewhere and work my way along and take opportunities. A lot of these younger people think they should be able to walk into a well paid job (in Ireland) provided by the government.
    €100 a week no questions asked for doing eff all. Sounds like a sweet deal to me. It should have been slashed across the board though, not just for under 25s.

RayM wrote: »
    And those who couldn't find work could always just commit suicide.

Three years is a long time.

I'm only 32 and I had to start somewhere and work my way along and take opportunities. A lot of these younger people think they should be able to walk into a well paid job (in Ireland) provided by the government.
    €100 a week no questions asked for doing eff all. Sounds like a sweet deal to me. It should have been slashed across the board though, not just for under 25s.

The entitlement culture is ruining Ireland.

I really don't know where it started or came from. It definitely wasn't there ten years ago anyway,

JustTheOne wrote: »
    He's with people before profit. Says it all really. We want everything handed to us and we want middle earners to pay for it.

Seen their leaflet today with houses for travellers on the front.

That youngfella sitting their ranting thinking he's some hero of the nation.

Claire asked him if he would emigrate. Fantastic idea for him and society.

He will in his sh!te. It's mainly the skilled, useful people that emigrate because they have the drive to. The wasters stay.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    The entitlement culture is ruining Ireland.

I really don't know where it started or came from. It definitely wasn't there ten years ago anyway,

Past 5 years in particular AAA/SF etc have been effectively brainwashing a certain cohort into believing they are being downtrodden by society and an order led by Denis O'Brien.

• Advertisement

I done an apprenticeship in 90s....£39 per week for most of the 1st year.
    ....stop cribbing about a 100 for sitting on your hole, he even had the cheek to complain about having no social life.

Past 5 years in particular AAA/SF etc have been effectively brainwashing a certain cohort into believing they are being downtrodden by society and an order led by Denis O'Brien.

It's true. And boy do they swallow it.

Dare I say as Bill Cullen did!

You're the Celtic tiger cubs who had everything handed to you!

This other young fella in the crowd is doing nothing for himself with a tracksuit top and stupid haircut...no one would be willing to give him a job if he can't even put a shirt on for TV.

And yet every shop and business I go into locally here in Kilkenny and Carlow the workers are invariably all foreign nationals which doesn't square the "no jobs" fairy-tale in my head :confused:
    And Dublin even more so, I'd like to go around with him some day handing out the CV's :rolleyes:

The obsession some have with Denis O'Brien is unreal.

Prefer to concentrate on what I can do before I worry what someone else is doing.

Prefer to concentrate on what I can do before I worry what someone else is doing.

Ssshhh...he'll hear you and then sue you :-p

Three years is a long time.

Should definitely top themselves, so.

On TV3 now a woman is really desperate for a council house.

I have to rent. I work. Can I have a house?

Nah gob****es like you and me can keep paying rent/mortgage (out of our NET PAY!) and pay for her house as well out of the huge taxes we pay. It's a great country ;)

Seen some people in after hours boycotting topaz and esso and having to drive miles for petrol in their little crusade.

If only they knew the wars and people dying for that petrol their putting in their car.

Strange obsession. I could never see myself so caught up in another person's business. Like just get on with your own and stop worrying about other people.
    That's their prerogative I suppose.

RayM wrote: »
    Should definitely top themselves, so.

So you believe people lack initiative and must remain on the dole forever?

In some other developed nations you don't get unemployment benefit after a certain period, some have none after 1 year, or vastly reduced payments.

• Advertisement

So you believe people lack initiative and must remain on the dole forever?

In some other developed nations you don't get unemployment benefit after a certain period, some have none after 1 year, or vastly reduced payments.

I believe your suggestion that a great big stick should be waved at poor people (and yes, if you're receiving €188 per seek, you're poor) is no solution to unemployment. Some people need help, not the threat of absolute destitution.

Like so many who claim to be Christian, you're anything but.

Advertisement