Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

It was a very easy ride for the Travellers on the show tonight.

I'm beginning to lose faith in this show in general.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

That mr world fella was pointless dosent he work for RTE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

That traveller girl complaining about the rubbish, when asked who put the rubbish there, 'sure, I don't know, I just moved there.

That's the same girl I saw not 2 weeks ago in a transit van in the petrol station on headford road. She was having a coffee and I watched her throw the sugar wrappers and a sweet wrapper out of the window onto the forecourt with my own eyes. I know it was her as she was on the telly the night before with her fella. Gob****e.

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

Where's Revenue? when they're out getting the dole/ disability etc, with they're fancy clothes, new vehicles, rolls of €50's...too afraid to upset their culture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Claire Byrne was almost afraid to ask Collins any difficult questions, same with Vincent Browne when he is on that show.

As for that young fella whinging about getting €100 for sitting on his arse, let him cycle if the bus is so costly.

My first job was £60 a week and I was damn glad of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Will someone think of the horses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

The whole culture thing is wearing thin. Hard to see how it's anything worth holding on to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

I'm as PC Liberal as the next person but it seems to me the only culture is a culture of entitlement.

And they are not being helped by do-gooders, if anything the situation is getting worse with each passing year.

Time to confront this "culture" seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I see Kelly hasn't laid off the make up and tan

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

The traveller girl talking last night has a fierce orange face.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

Who dafuq is Clare Byrne?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The traveller girl talking last night has a fierce orange face.

Way too tangoed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

One Claire Byrne thread is enough, TYVM. Threads merged. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Time to confront this "culture" seriously.[/QUOTE]

They have the most 'pampered culture ' in the world,certainly bord failte won't be promoting this culture as part of irelands attractions to worldwide audiences I hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,443 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

ejabrod wrote: »
    Who dafuq is Clare Byrne?

Gender fluid Gay Byrne I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

What I really don't get is the "why won't somebody do something about..." attitude when it comes to supposed death trap wiring etc. If your kids are in imminent danger, would you not get off your arse and do it yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,443 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I'm as PC Liberal as the next person but it seems to me the only culture is a culture of entitlement.

And they are not being helped by do-gooders, if anything the situation is getting worse with each passing year.

Time to confront this "culture" seriously.

It sure is. But you can see the furore over the budget and water charges as a flavour as to how difficult this would really be. It's basically impossible now to elect a government that will tackle it all and defend us taxpayers.
    If they do, they just won't get re-elected as far as I can see half the country is in on the welfare gravy train be it allowances, extra payments, bonuses etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,443 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Claire Byrne was almost afraid to ask Collins any difficult questions, same with Vincent Browne when he is on that show.

As for that young fella whinging about getting €100 for sitting on his arse, let him cycle if the bus is so costly.

My first job was £60 a week and I was damn glad of it.

She's weak as fcuk. How about asking him/them how the rest of us idiots have to pay for our own houses by working for a living. That didn't seem to be even on the radar, all give give give, no questions asked.
    And by the way, it's not just Travellers I include in that bracket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

My son is in 1st class with 2 travellers. They don't wear the correct uniform, they don't use the same books & they don't get homework. They're taken out everyday for learning support & come back to class with horse stickers which they then try to sell...oh & on birthdays they get lego sets from the LS teacher. They pay neither the photocopying fee nor for any school trip (close relation works in school) they go on.
    Travellers behave differently because society tells them they are different from the get go. They go through life paying for nothing & expecting handouts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Also interesting that Pavee Point are in favour of the idea of Irish Water :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

RayM wrote: »
    I believe your suggestion that a great big stick should be waved at poor people (and yes, if you're receiving €188 per seek, you're poor) is no solution to unemployment. Some people need help, not the threat of absolute destitution.

Like so many who claim to be Christian, you're anything but.

There is a parable in the bible...a man gives his servants Greek talents/money. One uses it make a lot of money, another uses it to make some money, and the other buried it and makes nothing from it.

You are saying that after three years the person should be in the position where he/she started three years previously and be no better off.
    What have they being doing for the previous three years?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Would alot of the dangerous wiring and plumbing be done by the travellers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Paddy Monoghan and David Quinn. This could be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I doubt as Claire says you get your child baptised to get them into school?

I'd say it's to keep the peace between the Granny's and Granddad's?....

I don't also understand the big weddings in the Church and then the "sudden" drop in attendance on Sunday's?

I think Paddy has met his match...

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

If the Church runs the schools (and it does in the vast majority) should it not pay the teachers.
    If a golfing society runs the clubhouse, should it not also pay the bartender? Why should the taxpayer pay the wages of an employee of a private organisation?

Paddy has to face facts that there are not enough places to meet the demand he wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I don't think your religion should be a factor in a schools decision.

coolhull wrote: »
    If the Church runs the schools (and it does in the vast majority) should it not pay the teachers.
    If a golfing society runs the clubhouse, should it not also pay the bartender? Why should the taxpayer pay the wages of an employee of a private organisation?

Ah now coolhull..........golf clubs and the church......

Private clubs for the men......;)

Sure, it's a closed shop then??:eek:

• Advertisement

amdublin wrote: »
    I don't think your religion should be a factor in a schools decision.

Then the Minister should intervene am....

Lots and lots more choices that people have to let the politicians know about....

There is an election looming after all?....;)

Advertisement