Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I think you missed her sarcasm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I think you missed her sarcasm.

The lack of emotion in her voice makes it easy to miss.
    I doubt she was being sarcastic.

The tension on the show is quite painful. You can really feel it, I nearly feel sorry for poor Claire.

When she called your one a super-sized model (In fairness your one called herself one first) the offence she took was priceless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

Expect a huge backlash over Dr Eva referring to yer one as a "supersize model"

price690 wrote: »

Your one called herself a supersized model first though putting the words into her mouth! I did get a giggle at the reaction though:D

That fella from the Gym seemed like a right mallet, he basically forced his opinion on your one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

As someone who doesn't get offended for the purpose of being offended on social media, I completely understood what Eva meant.

The other lady in my opinion came to the show in fighting arrogant mode and was looking to be outraged at something.

The faux outrage over the outfits is much ado about nothing. The show literally helps thousands of people to get healthy.

The people on it are chosen for their character and are chosen to be inspirational leaders for the rest of the country.

I can't stand people like that lady who came to the show just for a fight.

And as for the gym owner guy.....I don't even know where to begin there

BTW I'm not a fan of the show, I just dislike the whole being outraged for the sake of being outraged type of nation that we have become.

Ha ha ...hilarious!! 😀😀😀

On a serious note obesity needs serious tackling......not plus (super) sized role models for kids to look up to . How is that helping?

Totally agree with the faux "outrage" .....OMG it's everywhere!
    She's in denial ....that very large model.

People who go on OT know they will be filmed in Lycra .....if they don't want to appear in public like this why are they on the show at all ??

Eco Eye on next trying to give the impression that Ireland has the air pollution of China.

RTE 1 is going off for the night anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

As someone who doesn't get offended for the purpose of being offended on social media, I completely understood what Eva meant.

The other lady in my opinion came to the show in fighting arrogant mode and was looking to be outraged at something.

The faux outrage over the outfits is much ado about nothing. The show literally helps thousands of people to get healthy.

The people on it are chosen for their character and are chosen to be inspirational leaders for the rest of the country.

I can't stand people like that lady who came to the show just for a fight.

And as for the gym owner guy.....I don't even know where to begin there

BTW I'm not a fan of the show, I just dislike the whole being outraged for the sake of being outraged type of nation that we have become.

FWIW I completely agree with Dr Eva myself, just putting it out there that the general point will be hijacked by the outrage brigade.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Your one called herself a supersized model first though putting the words into her mouth! I did get a giggle at the reaction though:D

That fella from the Gym seemed like a right mallet, he basically forced his opinion on your one!

Yeah that was a bizarre bit.

The Personal Instructor implying Doctors don't have/lack information on nutrition.......ok so

The self confessed/appointed plus sized model taking offence at being called a plus sized model and that obese people aren't happy while then going on about mental health issues for obese people......ok so

I'd actually stopped watching the show for awhile as they just seemed to have a pile of headers on it. It doesn't look like much has changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Carnacalla wrote: »

I thought she said plus size not super size

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

CB Threads Merged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,321 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

John Bruton on now debating with Eamon Dunphy, potential for a nice row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

John Bruton on now debating with Eamon Dunphy, potential for a nice row.

Will there be tears from Dunphy !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Dunphy in fine form tonight. What he said was spot on.

M

cocoman wrote: »
    Will there be tears from Dunphy !!!!

The night is young yet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,145 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Jaysus I find myself agreeing with Dunphy regarding FG's arrogance.

M

The job bridge people are not paying much tax from their €50 a week, if anything their contribution is actually costing competing full time jobs that they are undercutting.

M

Sense of entitlement much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

When will Lorraine Higgins get the message that the electorate don't want her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Jesus.....Claire Byrne is getting better with a age. Fine looking women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Dunphy in fine form tonight. What he said was spot on.

Dunphy has had always had plenty to say on political matters and has always been given the platform to say it. Unfortunately he has never had the guts to put his name on a ballot paper. He is the archetypical hurler on the ditch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭mojesius

Sandra's able to moan but has no solutions.

When will Lorraine Higgins get the message that the electorate don't want her?

or Avril Power who keeps requesting re-counts...

M

What resources could the Gardaí have had to have stopped that shooting..a helicopter over every town, a Garda on every corner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,145 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think FF want another election as they think they'll do even better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

Dunphy votes FF to keep FG out? What dumb logic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Middle-aged has just been redefined?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Jesus.....Claire Byrne is getting better with a age. Fine looking women.

Agree 100%, Absolutely stunning

Good debate going on tonight

Advertisement