Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

It's simple really. FF and FG will get together. Either FF will crumble on the irish water issue or FG will crumble and a call a referendum on IW. This is their only real difference. They will find a way around it

I would like to see a swiss style multiparty government with lots of referenda but the numbers are wrong. Too many prisoners still voting for the civil war parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

mbur wrote: »

I would like to see a swiss style multiparty government with lots of referenda but the numbers are wrong. Too many prisoners still voting for the civil war parties.

a bigger problem is the sizable portion of the dail who refuse to work with anyone, completely unconstructive and a waste of votes

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

a bigger problem is the sizable portion of the dail who refuse to work with anyone, completely unconstructive and a waste of votes
    Yup. too attached to their bad old ways. No real interest in real governance on behalf of the people of this country. FF and FG have too many seats and so still have their eye on the prize - A majority and a strangle hold on POWER.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

mbur wrote: »
    Yup. too attached to their bad old ways. No real interest in real governance on behalf of the people of this country. FF and FG have too many seats and so still have their eye on the prize - A majority and a strangle hold on POWER.

I think the opposit is what the other poster is on about.

People like SF, PBP etc not willing to go into power and make the tough decisions.
    Much easier to sit outside and criticise everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

I am amazed that there is so little on RTE about the statement in the O'Higgins' report that two Gardai apparently lied when giving evidence to the Commission re Maurice McCabe.
    Fortunately for McCabe, he surreptitiously taped his conversation with said Gardai, which proved that the Gardai were 'economical with the truth'.
    When Dan O'Brien remarked that this was 'explosive', Claire tried to shut him down, stuttering that they were not sure about those facts, and she had to be reminded by O'Brien that they had been published a few days ago.
    She was decidedly discomfited and you could almost hear her sigh of relief when she announced that the programme was over. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭jogdish

Did anyone watch the segment about kids online, the professor lady - is it just me or is she full of nonsense. I actually think she does not understand the basics of how the internet works.

Please tell me im not alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

jogdish wrote: »
    Did anyone watch the segment about kids online, the professor lady - is it just me or is she full of nonsense. I actually think she does not understand the basics of how the internet works.

Please tell me im not alone.
    I agree. I thought she was well out of her depth. Too much science BS. Probably trying to justify getting some funding to research the matter :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So now Alan Kelly agrees with Fr. McVery :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So now Alan Kelly agrees with Fr. McVery :rolleyes:
    Don't know why. But I find it very very hard to take any thing lynn ruane says seriously. !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Don't know why. But I find it very very hard to take any thing lynn ruane says seriously. !

The fact that she can't understand that she represents the people that vote for her probably has something to do with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

The fact that she can't understand that she represents the people that vote for her probably has something to do with that.
    Yeah I cringed with embarrassment when she shouted that at the guy in the audience who had actually voted for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Trolls, biggots, racists, Irish times readers, alt right, and you can hear the wind blowing through here, what's happened boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,368 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Punch him in the glasses

Wonder who Nick paid to clap for him in the audience ? Maybe his mammy is there :D

Punch him in the glasses

I want to punch the 2 on the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Colm O' Gorman is actually quite an intelligent fellow.

Is he taking it as some kind of intellectual challenge to try to support the dumbest, most ridiculous leftist arguments to see if he can still sound good and maintain a straight face doing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,361 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Colm O' Gorman is actually quite an intelligent fellow.

He is but he has an unbearably snooty and patronising manner to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Flight From Death

Started watching late. Can someone direct me towards the article in question?

Maybe so but it doesn't make him correct all the time.

What's up with Dublin guys and bum face. They all have it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

He has become pretty patronising these days hasn't he.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,442 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

This is ridiculous. It is actually possible to read something that you disagree with and move on like... Poor petals needing censorship..

Does anyone respect free speech?

That amnesty lad is an arrogant self important knob. Was he really the best to bring on to countenance the grime that is this alt right?

Rosemary earned her cheque there didn't she :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I read that and the only thing I understood wax that pell lives in Wicklow.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,361 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Colm has an unfortunate habit of making faces or sniggering to himself when someone he disagrees with is trying to make a point. Not a good look at all. Makes him look like an arrogant so and so. Sometimes best to just shut up and listen to what the other person has to say before replying. And don't pull faces while they're speaking. It's bloody rude even if you don't like what they are saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭emo72

Those sniggering faces he made were comical.

After reading that Colm was way over the top...It was a bit of humour, he's definitely a blue hair sjw himself no wonder his knickers were in a twist. Who was the one beside him she had a smug blue hair look about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

Colm O'Gorman smears anyone who isn't on the liberal bandwagon as a Neo-Nazi.
    Like most people in this country, I doubt he can define what a 'Nazi' actually is. Ireland was a neutral country during WW2 anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

"Alt-right" is just another way of saying Neo-Nazi.

Advertisement