Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

The trial of Michael Colgan is being conducted on the show tonight. Only the case for the prosecution is being presented!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭screamer

Roger_007 wrote: »
    The trial of Michael Colgan is being conducted on the show tonight. Only the case for the prosecution is being presented!

Very surprised at all that being aired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Jeff2

But a blog is getting clicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,919 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It's still all allegations, no matter what that girl says.

I also found it a little off-putting to see a minister immediately get behind the mob and thanking them for airing their character assassination. Normally politicians are masters of sitting on thr fence, but he basically jumped on the bandwagon.

NIMAN wrote: »
    It's still all allegations, no matter what that girl says.

I also found it a little off-putting to see a minister immediately get behind the mob and thanking them for airing their character assassination. Normally politicians are masters of sitting on thr fence, but he basically jumped on the bandwagon.

He's clever enough to know the if he didn't jump on the bandwagon, the pitchfork brigade would be after him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

He's clever enough to know the if he didn't jump on the bandwagon, the pitchfork brigade would be after him!

I've a seriously low opinion of Claire Byrne, and it keeps getting lower.

For one thing-she herself claimed she didn't say anything-to the proper heads of the theatre-just her blog.
    Instead, the 'waking the feminists' inspired her...ugh.

From her own account, he was an absolute jerk mcjerkface-but he didn't grope her, hit her or anything, most of what she had a problem with were comments like 'you lost weight'...and she was like 'don't comment on my body'...:rolleyes: What she should have done was confront him from the beginning-this is just no relation to the 'metoo' movement.

Then when she finally signed off with the 'nobody should be violated...' I almost did a spit take. He didn't rape anyone. The audiences 'applause' at the end was just ridiculous.

Colgan may be a jerk, but don't put him in the same bracket as a rapist or groper like Weinstein or Spacey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I’m the 52 year old mother of a 20 year old girl and I have told her forever that you absolutely know when something is wrong and you don’t even think about it you open your mouth and say really loud “stop doing-saying that right now!”.
    That’s always worked for me .
    She’s had one incident since she started work in a bar where the owners closest friend was sexually harassing another female bartender and she just burst out with this and he stopped and walked away.
    If I had a son the same age I would be telling him to avoid any engagement with female colleagues apart from the bare minimum professional interaction unless approached first and to be avoid being alone with a colleague of either gender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

splinter65 wrote: »
    I’m the 52 year old mother of a 20 year old girl and I have told her forever that you absolutely know when something is wrong and you don’t even think about it you open your mouth and say really loud “stop doing-saying that right now!”.
    That’s always worked for me .
    She’s had one incident since she started work in a bar where the owners closest friend was sexually harassing another female bartender and she just burst out with this and he stopped and walked away.
    If I had a son the same age I would be telling him to avoid any engagement with female colleagues apart from the bare minimum professional interaction unless approached first and to be avoid being alone with a colleague of either gender.

I've lived with ladies-I don't creep on em, they don't creep on me...well, bar one occasion which came close (A woman housemate creeped on me-I wasn't interested. I think being nice to her sent her the wrong message. I am not gay, but I can't like a woman).
    Same at work. People deserve to feel safe, whether it's at home or at work. If for any reason you don't feel safe, or they don't, then you have to speak up.
    I am especially aware of my presence as I'm a tall guy, and I've met quite a few ladies who are shorter than me. I know that some can be scared because of this. Even folks (guys) I am friends with initially thought I'd be a scrapper.
    So I try to stay in groups when getting to know people. As you say, you never know who'll get the wrong end of the stick entirely.

• Advertisement

Jaysus. One minute it's all about the homelessness crisis and the next it's about the match tomorrow night. Is there a connection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

On to cosmetic surgery now. Is this another plug for a new RTE show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

I'll fund a lobotomy for this one any day of the week, j'know what I mean ?

" I fell pregnant"
    Is a term that drives me nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Actual state of this one

Her mentality isn't fine , she's deluded if she thinks she looks good, Claire and the doctor are infinitely more attractive and not just in the physical sense.

sligojoek wrote: »
    On to cosmetic surgery now. Is this another plug for a new RTE show?

This show is weird tonight. It's supposed to be a current affairs programme.
    Is The Late Late Show being replaced by the Claire Byrne Show?

She actually sounds like the glamour model equivalent of conor mcgregor with the poo she is spouting :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The look on that doctor's face at the end says it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I hate this mentality of "all woman feel pressure to look like this nowadays"..
    Eh, speak for yourself woman. I've no desire to look like like that.

• Advertisement

This show is weird tonight. It's supposed to be a current affairs programme.
    Is The Late Late Show being replaced by the Claire Byrne Show?

It's been like this every time I've tuned in this season and I thought TV3 insulted peoples intelligence :D

anna080 wrote: »

I can't imagine any woman in her right mind wanting to look like her.:eek:

She’s all me me me me me me me me .........d’ya know what I mean ?
    This is ****e 👎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭franglan

Dr. Nina <yeah at least I know her name!> handled that well! Probably learned how to deal with ~interesting characters in medical school...

Yeah,she looked like she got a few punches to the face a few days ago and covered in makeup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

"I have fans who pay for my surgeries"

That's insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭franglan

Four hours of the Gilmore Girls up to 1pm... Lord above I can see why he would want a drink.....

All joking aside good luck to the architect chap for the segment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,718 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Jaysus another addict dictating what we all should suffer. Are RTE anywhere near balanced on this issue, one side everywhere.

If alcoholism is a disease, it's one where we have an effective and complete cure that costs nothing.
    I'm p1ssed off with people who can't control their drinking saying it's because they have a 'disease'. It's just a matter of self-control.

• Advertisement

lertsnim wrote: »
    "I have fans who pay for my surgeries"

That's insane.

It is true and a sad way things are now.

Trisha from CBB.

Advertisement