Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I’ve honestly avoided her show since, it was that bad. They didn’t apologize either did they? Terribly managed. So unprofessional all round.

Watched it last night-with discussion of the referendum results-and it was the same bloody mess that the 8th debate was. Straight away, shouting, talking over one another-and a fine example of why the show needs to go.

Several times the shouting started, and several times the shouting went off again.
    This has happened several times, on her radio show it led to a court case, and she's clearly out of her depth. It's not getting better, Pat Kenny showed RTE how it's done-the RTe debates were a disaster.

We have the first in the new series of Claire Byrne Live Tonight. Will be observing it from the audience. Dr Eva will be on, cervical cancer, housing, depression and other topics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,322 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Lol Eoin talking about turning RTE's lands in to affordable housing, that will go down well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,919 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Lol Eoin talking about turning RTE's lands in to affordable housing, that will go down well.

Well to be fair, it is prime land in the centre of Dublin, ideal for all those unemployed layabouts who need housed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

How will we recognise you catmaniac?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,333 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Murphy hasn't a clue, or is being deliberately disingenuous.

RTÉ's obligation was to maximise the value of that land and reduce their debt and by extension their hook on the Government. Theyre a broadcaster not a housing agency. FFS.

M

People rich enough to have 7 kids should be able to afford a luxury home.

M

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Murphy hasn't a clue, or is being deliberately disingenuous.

RTs obligation was to maximise the value of that land and reduce their debt and by extension their hook on the Government. Theyre a broadcaster not a housing agency. FFS.

They should really have sold off the entire lands and moved to a cheap greenfield site somewhere off the M1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Oh no not Dr Eva

They should really have sold off the entire lands and moved to a cheap greenfield site somewhere off the M1.

Definitely. Maybe retain a small studio in the Docklands for news and live studio broadcasts. The hanging gardens of Montrose are a luxury they don't need and we can't afford.

• Advertisement

Can we call this scutter what it is ? Obesity denial.

M

Ffs, will we need to have Obese Police?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,393 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Any chance that Claire could squeeze another 2 or 3 topics in to her short show by slicing a minute or two off each of the already completely superficial interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Ffs, will we need to have Obese Police?
    Or people just take responsibility for their own actions and not shovel mars bars down their throat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

It’s all kicking off

Its human nature to appraise other people either positively or negatively in comparison with ones own image or convictions. Thats always been a thing and always will be, whether or not labels like body shaming are attached.

I don't think that anyone can argue against that being too overweight or too underweight is unhealthy, that just needs to be at the root of education from a very young age.

I'd much rather be paying taxes to insure kids running in a schoolyard than be paying health insurance that supplements treatment for obesity related illness

miketv wrote: »
    How will we recognise you catmaniac?

I was invisible. Audience much larger than usual, came in through other side of studio, so couldn’t get my prime position. I did have my hand up during Eoin Murphy housing interview which featured a radio presenter “forced to live overseas” and fly in to work. She got cheap rental in Glasgow’s West End, where poor Karen Buckley was murdered by that silver-spoonin-mouthed b**ta*d... well sadly there’s one particularly cheap rental in that district anyway. Where does she sleep after presenting her radio shows in Oirland? In a tent? And then goes to the weekend pad she was forced to rent in the cultural quarter of a thriving metropolis. What forking nonesense. What a contrived “interview”, one presenter to the other. Maybe she could give her a hand into RTE and she could afford to live in Oirland and not have to commute by air from a rather pleasant metropolitan bolthole. I had my hand up to suggest that maybe Mr Murphy and his cabinet consider somewhat more incentivizing taxation for landlords. Wouldn’t have fitted in with the agenda. Others had hands up to make same point, but no reference was made to audience.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Definitely. Maybe retain a small studio in the Docklands for news and live studio broadcasts. The hanging gardens of Montrose are a luxury they don't need and we can't afford.

They could build a somewhat more luxurious modern premises out there, Montrose is grim enough when all is said and done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Claire looking hòoooot tonight, that pink dress.

I've avoided it since-managed to find many's a tv show that keeps me distracted since the debacle.

• Advertisement
    M

It's finally dawning on people tonight that this country is proper fooked if there's a hard Brexit.

It's finally dawning on people tonight that this country is proper fooked if there's a hard Brexit.

We're edging darn close to another recession...it's even making itsself known in many's a place.
    It's hard to see any positives, tbh. England thinks they hold all the cards, but really they've got a dead man's hand.

M

Paddy talking a lot of sense.

Paddy talking a lot of sense.

Have I missed something here with Paddy Cosgrave seemingly now the face of the homeless crisis? What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Have I missed something here with Paddy Cosgrave seemingly now the face of the homeless crisis? What?

It's easy to jump on the bandwagon, homelessness has always been a problem but nobody gave a **** until it because the virtue signalling topic of the year. Guaranteed the crisis will never be solved to a point where it's acceptable and people will instead move onto some other social issue and act like they have all the solutions again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

It trended on twitter, that's why Mr Freepublicity piped up.

It's easy to jump on the bandwagon, homelessness has always been a problem but nobody gave a **** until it because the virtue signalling topic of the year. Guaranteed the crisis will never be solved to a point where it's acceptable and people will instead move onto some other social issue and act like they have all the solutions again.

Of course it is-it's like when Glen Hansard left his mansion to sing a song, and protest people being kicked out of their house at Christmas.

When they were kicked out in January, he was nowhere to be seen.

Homelessness is gonna be the topic du jour-and then it'll be another massive one hour production about Fortnite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

We're edging darn close to another recession...it's even making itsself known in many's a place.
    It's hard to see any positives, tbh. England thinks they hold all the cards, but really they've got a dead man's hand.

The UK is big enough to get through it but things are going to be very though. The head in the sand mentality that people have here is a different problem. People don't seem to understand the impact that it's going to have on day to day living. It'll lead to a recession here without a doubt, I agree. Negative equity will be back on the table again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,755 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I wonder will she ask any difficult questions to Margaret Cash?
    She's still not pleased with No all Boylan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

I wonder will she ask any difficult questions to Margaret Cash?
    She's still not pleased with No all Boylan.

Has this been confirmed?

Advertisement