Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

Zulu wrote: »
    :( page not found.

You probably need to be logged into Facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Ah ok. I'm not on facebox :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

For the sake of your blood pressure, you're better off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Look at maryanne84 page. I watched the rubbish off that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Jeff2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

I gotta say for a traveler, she wasn't bad looking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Baby daddy number 8 over here....

...good luck, you'll need it. On a positive note, she comes with the choice of several houses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,757 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don't really get how some people go on about this woman's appearance.
    She's seems like a standard traveller woman to me!

Might explain why she's getting so much media coverage-more photogenic than most.

perhaps you haven't seen that many travellers

Do many think she's a fine bitta stuff? Thought it might be myself, i have a predilection for it.

• Advertisement

Baby daddy number 8 over here....

...good luck, you'll need it. On a positive note, she comes with the choice of several houses.

it's worked out well for the rest of the fathers

Might explain why she's getting so much media coverage-more photogenic than most.

I don't really know to be honest! It's a combination of factors I'd say. right from when she started off in the Garda station.
    perhaps you haven't seen that many travellers

Do many think she's a fine bitta stuff? Thought it might be myself, i have a predilection for it.

I see travellers almost everyday I go to town. She dresses, looks very similar, hair, make-up and speaks the same as the travellers I'd know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,922 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I always assumed homeless meant literally living on the streets :o

No,no,no. Don't be so naive.

Not in this country.

There are people in rented accommodation, who might be there for another while, but they have gone to the authorities and said they are about to have their tenancy agreement ended and they need a house. Those folk are included in the homeless figures, even though they aren't.

When you see 10000 people listed as homeless by the lefties, take it with a big pinch of salt.

Does anybody actually have the stats for how many people are homeless?
    A breakdown of those on the streets, those in shelters, those who won't accept help and those in hotels/B&B's?

Does anybody actually have the stats for how many people are homeless?
    A breakdown of those on the streets, those in shelters, those who won't accept help and those in hotels/B&B's?

Anyone who's essentially sleeping on a couch, or living in a house that's not in their name may very well be categorized as homeless.

As you say, the stats are very loose.

And also don't forget all these desperate homeless people, who then can have a 50% rejection rate when they are actually offered a house?

NIMAN wrote: »
    And also don't forget all these desperate homeless people, who then can have a 50% rejection rate when they are actually offered a house?

It's absolutely heartbreaking to see so many desperate to rent out a house, and unable to afford it, and then seeing the topsy turvy Ireland we have at the moment. Some dodgy estate agents, and then other places where free housing is being turned down by people who have everything handed to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

gmisk wrote: »
    Dont be such a "slim bag"!
    You are spreading "propergander"!

A 'Proper Gander' is a male goose who is prolific with the female geese. Respect.

Better be a slim bag than an obese bag I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Just watched it there now, how ironic to hear someone who has never contributed anything to society complaining about the Government robbing her.

Interesting choice of words considering the scumbag she is married to.

Although he can be annoying at times fair play to Boylan, he was the only one who called her out on the BS she is coming out with.

It's funny reading the posts on her FB page, the idiots agreeing with her couldn't string a coherent sentence if their life depended on it!

I have read people slag Boylan on Boards, but at least he actually had the balls to ask the leech a couple of difficult questions, not fawn all over her like she was being persecuted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The thing about Boylan asking her questions is he’s completely and utterly bias and is asking questions with an agenda in mind. It’s quite a pity he has been the only one to tackle her on anything because his opinions on the situation are no secret and he can be quite aggressive which only fuels her defence and furthers her victim complex. She just ends up not listening. Someone fair and balanced would be good. There’s no point trying to humiliate her, because in all honesty she seems out of her depth being interviewed anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Just watched it there now, how ironic to hear someone who has never contributed anything to society complaining about the Government robbing her.

Interesting choice of words considering the scumbag she is married to.

Although he can be annoying at times fair play to Boylan, he was the only one who called her out on the BS she is coming out with.

It's funny reading the posts on her FB page, the idiots agreeing with her couldn't string a coherent sentence if their life depended on it!

For example.
    And hears me compaling bout liveing in a b&b dis poor woman is liveing in a car 😠 ff fg and labour should be ashamed!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

The thing about Boylan asking her questions is he’s completely and utterly bias and is asking questions with an agenda in mind.
    As opposed to the lefties who dominate the MSM in Ireland and who ask Cash no hard questions and pretend as though she's a normal person!

The thing about Boylan asking her questions is he’s completely and utterly bias and is asking questions with an agenda in mind. It’s quite a pity he has been the only one to tackle her on anything because his opinions on the situation are no secret and he can be quite aggressive which only fuels her defence and furthers her victim complex. She just ends up not listening. Someone fair and balanced would be good. There’s no point trying to humiliate her, because in all honesty she seems out of her depth being interviewed anyway.

No one could seriously question her. She’d lose the head immediately and start spouting about how da gubberment is robbin her. Taking her legal representative onto the tv show was just beyond ridiculous. Posting anything negative on her social media is immediately deleted. She’s too thick to realise that she’s just being used. Her poor kids. By the time she gets her foreva home, her oldest will be either on the housing list themselves or in jail.

If Claire Byrne asked harsh questions last night. We'd probably have campaigns for her to be sacked by this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

jay0109 wrote: »
    As opposed to the lefties who dominate the MSM in Ireland and who ask Cash no hard questions and pretend as though she's a normal person!

I’m not disputing that. I couldn’t give a shlte who’s left or right personally, but Niall Boylan is for the most part, an antagonising shlt stirrer who isn’t well respected by many. His questions were fine but he’s just not going to get the reaction he wants because he is the source of those questions.

All Boylan did was ask her "Margaret, can you tell me how the government is robbing you" in response to her shouting that the government was robbing her.

I'd hardly say that's unreasonable.

If Claire Byrne asked harsh questions last night. We'd probably have campaigns for her to be sacked by this evening.

Weren't people calling for her sacking after the s**tshow she made of the abortion referendum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Weren't people calling for her sacking after the s**tshow she made of the abortion referendum?

Some were.
    I think the show could be better if they changed the format and tried to do justice to fewer topics. Too many random rushed segments.
    Production team must share the blame, it's not all her fault.

• Advertisement

elperello wrote: »
    Some were.
    I think the show could be better if they changed the format and tried to do justice to fewer topics. Too many random rushed segments.
    Production team must share the blame, it's not all her fault.

The show needs a complete reformat-just reading what Ms. Cash said, about Claire 'running backstage'... holds some grain of truth, I think. It sounds like there is a certain amount of truth to what she said.
    As in, if the show show is, genuinely, getting guests on under false pretenses, I wouldn't be surprised if folks are getting ticked off.

I mean, the fortnite thing...again, was scaremongering. 'Your child is being targeted by paedophiles via fortnite-here are the signs'... for gawds sake, the housing crisis is an immediate risk-even if you're not gonna use Maggie, at least discuss the issue. Don't speculate about 'something' possibly happening, flipping focus on the 'actual' happening.

Advertisement