Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Jeff2

NIMAN wrote: »
    All Boylan did was ask her "Margaret, can you tell me how the government is robbing you" in response to her shouting that the government was robbing her.

I'd hardly say that's unreasonable.

I wonder how many in her position will die on the streets because winter is coming.

The show needs a complete reformat-just reading what Ms. Cash said, about Claire 'running backstage'... holds some grain of truth, I think. It sounds like there is a certain amount of truth to what she said.
    As in, if the show show is, genuinely, getting guests on under false pretenses, I wouldn't be surprised if folks are getting ticked off.

I mean, the fortnite thing...again, was scaremongering. 'Your child is being targeted by paedophiles via fortnite-here are the signs'... for gawds sake, the housing crisis is an immediate risk-even if you're not gonna use Maggie, at least discuss the issue. Don't speculate about 'something' possibly happening, flipping focus on the 'actual' happening.

But, the “homeless” activists don’t want to hear about what’s being done. It doesn’t suit their agenda. Thousands of homeless people are housed every year. They take responsibility for themselves and accept with gratitude what help they get. They are too busy getting on with their lives to waste time being manipulated by vested interests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

NIMAN wrote: »
    All Boylan did was ask her "Margaret, can you tell me how the government is robbing you" in response to her shouting that the government was robbing her.

I'd hardly say that's unreasonable.

It's a pity Boylan couldn't ask Cash about her supposed shoplifting

Dox4Qo0W4AYw6Oi.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

If Claire Byrne asked harsh questions last night. We'd probably have campaigns for her to be sacked by this evening.

That’s the absolute truth. It’s not worth it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Could these figures actually be true? If so what the hell are we doing working for less than that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Could these figures actually be true? If so what the hell are we doing working for less than that?
    Dont forget thats a "net" sum (ie after tax).
    You'd need to be earning a fair whack more before tax. I'd love to see that number!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

No, not true.
    HAP is at least 700e understated for a family of that size in Dublin
    And she's probably up another 20e per week after yesterday's budget

Hmmm not sure what exactly she gets at the moment but I suppose she will benefit from the budget yesterday

€5 increase in max. rate of all weekly payments e.g. pensioners, lone parents, jobseekers, carers, people with disabilities, widows - 1.47 million beneficiaries

€2.20 increase for qualified child dependants up to age 12, in all weekly payments x 7

€25 increase in the Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance for each qualifying child x 4

http://m.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Budget-2019.aspx

Still whatever she is on the government is 'robbing her'

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

jay0109 wrote: »
    No, not true.
    HAP is at least 700e understated for a family of that size in Dublin
    And she's probably up another 20e per week after yesterday's budget

Crikey.

My bad maths suggest someone working and paying taxes would want to be making €75k+ to give parity with Ms. Cash.

She's well named anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Just watched the news coverage of the funeral Emma Mhic Mathuna. Now there’s a woman who had every right to be angry, scream and shout and pound the streets in protest over what happened to her. What an absolute lady she was until the very bitter end. She had such grace and integrity about her when you wouldn’t blame her for being anything but, while faced with the most horrendous of circumstances, losing her life and her children.
    Contrast her plight and how she conducted herself to the likes of Cash. No comparison. The two don’t even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence but it’s just something that struck me while watching the news.

• Advertisement

Just watched the news coverage of the funeral Emma Mhic Mathuna. Now there’s a woman who had every right to be angry, scream and shout and pound the streets in protest over what happened to her. What an absolute lady she was until the very bitter end. She had such grace and integrity about her when you wouldn’t blame her for being anything but, while faced with the most horrendous of circumstances, losing her life and her children.
    Contrast her plight and how she conducted herself to the likes of Cash. No comparison. The two don’t even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence but it’s just something that struck me while watching the news.

The vast majority of women just get on with looking after their families to the best of their ability.

You’re right. They shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentence.

God Rest Emma and watch over her poor children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,757 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Margaret will do anything for her kids!
    43681838_2127015463998336_7327965259317116928_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&oh=aadd02b6746b96c8deb1e8b7d6c76d05&oe=5C53B616

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,443 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

43681838_2127015463998336_7327965259317116928_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&oh=aadd02b6746b96c8deb1e8b7d6c76d05&oe=5C53B616

Unhuman?

Hmmm Johnny must be back on the scene

Makes a big difference from this

460652.png

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Hmmm Johnny must be back on the scene

Makes a big difference from this

I think he's a kid!

Ah Ok fair enough

Same name as the father

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Ah Ok fair enough

Same name as the father

In had to double check because I don't think any of them are old enough to be on Facebook!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Crikey.

My bad maths suggest someone working and paying taxes would want to be making €75k+ to give parity with Ms. Cash.

She's well named anyhow.

She’s a disgusting disgusting creature. She should be locked up and throw away the key and I don’t mean that circus know as the dochas centre. A proper prison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Presidential debate is on.... No Sean Gallagher or Michael D.... 4 eejits... Peter Casey is a trainwreck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,325 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Load of balls Michael D at home getting his crew to call in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,202 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Claire byrne getting mad lol. cards shaking in her hands

M

gmisk wrote: »
    Peter Casey is a trainwreck

Yes he seems to be there purely for the craic, he might just get my vote as a result :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,494 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Load of balls Michael D at home getting his crew to call in.

Exactly

I’m expecting Gallagher to start phoning in next

Lads Yiz had a chance to take part in the debate and decided not to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Duffy oozes smugness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Duffy acting like Billy Big Balls here. WELL LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING BROTHER, YOU'RE BILLY NO MATES, GET YOUR FAT HEAD OUTTA HERE *smashes steel chair into his head*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Fixing healthcare and obesity now. Does any of these know what the Pres actually does?

M

Don't don't don't go looking to bring more people living in the country while it's struggling to house the current population.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

I think I'll go and paint a wall and watch it dry!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Claire looking amazing as always...

Advertisement