Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Also, Claire Byrne is lovely.
    doylefe wrote: »
    What's the whole Claire attraction about?

Avoid her show like a bad deli, tbqh.

And she's bland-it's a load of makeup to make her look presentable.

I've been reading up on twitter, and Duffy got a darn good hit on her when she read the thing about Michael D Higgins-she's meant to be neutral, what the hell is she doing speaking up for MDH?

Can she not handle a debate without f***ing it up-is she gonna hand the presidency to that Bunty woman? She helped the No side the last time.
    We needed Pat to fix things.

I'll be watching the Pat Kenny debate-hope he does a better job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Peter Casey...
    We need connectios PROPER CONNECTIONS with the Irish abroad...
    I feel Peter will influence and guide right minded Irish emigrants with business connections to come to Ireland and set up business. Ireland really is a great country!? Just lacking in some essentials., such as 'good' employment and housing.
    PETER is the man for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Peter Casey...
    We need connectios PROPER CONNECTIONS with the Irish abroad...
    I feel Peter will influence and guide right minded Irish emigrants with business connections to come to Ireland and set up business. Ireland really is a great country!? Just lacking in some essentials., such as 'good' employment and housing.
    PETER is the man for the job.
    I'm voting for Peter Casey. He's honourable.

Avoid her show like a bad deli, tbqh.

And she's bland-it's a load of makeup to make her look presentable.

I've been reading up on twitter, and Duffy got a darn good hit on her when she read the thing about Michael D Higgins-she's meant to be neutral, what the hell is she doing speaking up for MDH?

Can she not handle a debate without f***ing it up-is she gonna hand the presidency to that Bunty woman? She helped the No side the last time.
    We needed Pat to fix things.

I'll be watching the Pat Kenny debate-hope he does a better job.

Yes,, and poking at the guys because they come from a business background!?
    How da foook is that relevant? we need a business head with connections all over the world as our president.

Yes,, and poking at the guys because they come from a business background!?
    How da foook is that relevant? we need a business head with connections all over the world as our president.

Just Claire showing she's completely useless, again.

Darn shame Sarah Louise Mulligan didn't get a nomination-at least she'd be entertaining.

Provided she turned up in one her 'outfits'-example below. (Yes, that is her)

office1.jpg

• Advertisement

Hurrache wrote: »
    spurshero wrote: »
    Why are duffy and Casey getting such a hard time about the money if there putting it up themselves ?? Claire is doing everything but making them apologize for financing there own campaign . What am I missing

Claims that the salary is too much and they'd do it for free or at discount, great thing to say when you're a millionaire.
    Higgins is already a millionaire. Free gaff. And renting out by a houses in galway for exhorbitant rents from students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Higgins is already a millionaire. Free gaff. And renting out by a houses in galway for exhorbitant rents from students.

WTF?!

Sorry that should read " two houses ".

Evidence?

AGC wrote: »
    Evidence?

It was in the IRish independent a few weeks back.

• Advertisement

It was in the IRish independent a few weeks back.

Thanks just had a look and it says 1 house for 2200 a month to 6 adult students. Hardly exorbitant?

AGC wrote: »

Evidence?
    You sound like remy Farrell

You sound like remy Farrell

Should I know who Remy Farrell is without googling?

Ok,, although I don't have much myself.
    I think we should get away from the JELLYNESS attitude about the BIG HOUSE and Limousines that the president has access to...I feel we are putting down this wonderful country of Ireland...
    And I do believe that our president should live as a president should live. His/her priority is(as best he/she can)should be to MAKE IRELAND GREAT........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

where was Sean Gallagher from 2011-2018? does he derserve a vote?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Amprodude wrote: »

It has taken the best part of seven years to perfect that insincere, fake smile he has carved into his face.

It has taken the best part of seven years to perfect that insincere, fake smile he has carved into his face.

I imagine he took 7 years out to protect John Connor from the T1000, and then the T-X.

How else do you explain his failure to emote?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Being a FF gombeen and not having a clue what the job entailed disqualified him from the job the last time for me. Nothing has changed since then.

Being a FF gombeen and not having a clue what the job entailed disqualified him from the job the last time for me. Nothing has changed since then.

he hasn't a hope after avoiding the debate. He was afraid he might mess up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

He was off running a business or even businesses, paying his taxes and providing employment, to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

will be watching very closely the chemistry between Sean Gallagher and Pat Kenny tonight

banoffe2 wrote: »
    will be watching very closely the chemistry between Sean Gallagher and Pat Kenny tonight

Cripes, I read that like some kind of homo-erotic fiction...

BrrrrRRrrrrr.... no, Rabble, no... time to get back to therapy.

Berserker wrote: »
    He was off running a business or even businesses, paying his taxes and providing employment, to be fair.

doubt that. he was too busy clearing his name after RTE destroyed his presidential campaign.

doubt that. he was too busy clearing his name after RTE destroyed his presidential campaign.

Sean Gallagher is nervous. I can see why he avoided the first debate. He hasn't a hope of getting in now with this performance.

Destroyed is a bit strong... He hadn't a hope of getting in before, as he had no political experience.

It was more an attack on him, tbh. Especially when it was discovered to be completely false, and the only information was garnered from a tweet...which was bogus.

Destroyed is a bit strong... He hadn't a hope of getting in before, as he had no political experience.

It was more an attack on him, tbh. Especially when it was discovered to be completely false, and the only information was garnered from a tweet...which was bogus.

he was a bagman for FF though and that can't be denied. He admitted to that and that was one of the main reasons he lost it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Amprodude wrote:
    he was a bagman for FF though and that can't be denied. He admitted to that and that was one of the main reasons he lost it.

The FF Bown bag man at that. The best thing that SF did was to expose him for what he was & is.

Peter Casey for president. Guy was amazing on tonight's debate.

Really? His comments about minorities was pretty awful. A president is there for all people, not just those he deems 'worthy'.

• Advertisement

Really? His comments about minorities was pretty awful. A president is there for all people, not just those he deems 'worthy'.
    Out of them all he's the only one who I considered was honest. Also the fact that he's not going to be claiming millions of euro in wages and expenses is another bonus. But my main reason for supporting him has to be that he's not terrified by the pcbrigade snowflakes.

Advertisement