Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,328 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Jim makes a sensible point.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Christ, that Him is an embarrassment to politics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What was that? I must have missed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Skid X wrote: »
    Nolan also presents on BBC Radio 5 Live, which would have a far bigger reach than RTE

He works his arse off doing multiple shows in Belfast and London, he deserves a lot more than Tubridy.

Tubridy presents the biggest TV show on the whole island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

He's bang on about the sea border. Cost increase for haulage will go through the roof, as well. It'd be a real winner for London but an awful result for the island as a whole.

• Advertisement
    M

What was that? I must have missed it.

That a hard border down the Irish sea will have massive impact on farming here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Jim Bob is correct, the NI Border is a distraction.

Most of our exports go to Britain (not NI),

Any delays at customs and/or tariffs and our agri sector is royally screwed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Ah Pie in the Sky is back

When I hear English people talk about Brexit and Ireland I just don't get how unionists want to be associated with them as they clearly show that they have not got a clue about the border, Northern Ireland or Ireland.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Tubridy presents the biggest TV show on the whole island.

And Nolan earns a substantial part of his fees from the BBC national network.

It is disingenuous to imply his fees are all earned from BBC NI, as you did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That a hard border down the Irish sea will have massive impact on farming here.

He can't explain how a hard border could be avoided whilst the two jurisdictions have separate regulatory and customs arrangements.

He's a total spoofer.

Claire must be having tea and biscuits.

M

Jim Bob is correct, the NI Border is a distraction.

Most of our exports go to Britain (not NI),

Any delays at customs and/or tariffs and our agri sector is royally screwed.

And perishable goods coming our way will get scarce too. I read that each day there's 290 trucks coming through Dover with citrus fruit alone...

To illustrate the complexity, Paul Martin, UK head of retail at consultancy KPMG, says 290 trucks come through Dover each day just supplying citrus fruits. He says any level of disruption, such as trucks needing to pass extra inspections, is likely to have an impact.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46111085

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,361 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I’d say Sir Chope probably believes the British Empire is still a going concern.

M

Irish fishermen in big trouble with it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Is this the most obese audience ever?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

SafeSurfer wrote: »

Which one?

And Nolan earns a substantial part of his fees from the BBC national network.

It is disingenuous to imply his fees are all earned from BBC NI, as you did.

BBC is BBC.

I was pointing out that he's paid more than Tubridy despite not being the No 1 broadcaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,361 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

SafeSurfer wrote: »

Nordies must butter both sides of their toast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭AllForIt

It is the UK that have really screwed up here. I actually sympathize with Foster, she's right to stick her ground. Not that I feel comfortable agreeing with the DUP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

If the UK don't get an inferior deal, the EU is over

Have to laugh when people say that Ireland has a say in the EU.

M

The farmers up north will miss their EU subsidies badly.

Apparently the Booze Cruises to Holyhead will be back if the UK leaves the Customs Union

Which would be handy, seeing as the Minimum Alcolhol Pricing is coming in.

M

If there's no border and free trade then someone up north can basically import a container of any high EU tariff goods and drive them down here and flog them for big profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Theresa May is a remarkable woman. She is fighting hard to negotiate a deal that she doesn't believe in

Ally Dick wrote: »
    If the UK don't get an inferior deal, the EU is over

And I'm not convinced that a no-deal is not an inferior deal. It's a gamble but it's not a win for the EU. If that works out for the UK, it opens the door for other countries for definite. The EU wants to prevent that happening at all costs. That's part of why they are making this so hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,741 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Berserker wrote: »

:D:D:D The bitterness in that post. Jim Allister style.

Berserker wrote: »

Clearly it has some voice when you see how steadfast the EU is being over the border issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

AllForIt wrote: »
    It is the UK that have really screwed up here. I actually sympathize with Foster, she's right to stick her ground. Not that I feel comfortable agreeing with the DUP.

She advocated a leave vote in a ridiculous attempt to appear as the best Unionist in the class.
    She screwed up. She needs to reign her rhetoric back .The sooner she realises that London don't want her, and many of us down here in the south don't want her the better.

Advertisement