Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,212 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

He isn't DUP, he is TUV (Traditional Unionist Voice) No difference in LGBT policy mind you.

His crowd would find the DUP too liberal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,328 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Michael Healy-Rae has just said he wants every house in the country to be issued with a Garda breathalyser so you can check yourself for being over the drink drive limit, is he the full quid?

M

2 will do, 5 don't drive, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

Michael Healy-Rae has just said he wants every house in the country to be issued with a Garda breathalyser so you can check yourself for being over the drink drive limit, is he the full quid?

No, daft as a bag of frogs...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Not the worst thing I've ever heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You can easily buy your own and they aren't that expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Dayummm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

What exactly is so daft about the idea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,928 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

He said, "what if you have the kids to take to a football match the next morning"

How about you be a responsible adult and not get plastered the night before?

Whatever happened personal responsibility?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Storm 10

So Claire blew 0 why in God's name did they not get someone to have a few beers this morning and test him tonight to see what happened, load of crap

• Advertisement

I think the system where the car won't start is a great system especially for those that have drunk and drove.

They have to fit these systems at their own expense in new Zealand.

M

Degag wrote: »

The Garda issued device cost circa €1000, one for each of the 2 million houses in the country would cost €2billion, slightly more than the oul Millenium candles ;)

You can easily buy your own and they aren't that expensive.
    150 euro.

Storm 10 wrote: »
    So Claire was blew 0 why in God's name did they not get someone to have a few beers this morning and test him tonight to see what happened, load of crap

She must have been warned off to stay off the champagne.

150 euro.

Can get cheaper then that and work as good. I've tested a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

I know it's different for all ppl given size / what you eat / what u drink etc .....but are ppl done for drink driving at 830 those who have been on a bender til 4am or are they the likes of me who might go out at 9 and finishes about 2.

I personally think that a lot of those personal trainers are extremely dangerous.

Give money to brother Kevin. No one else. He can be trusted,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

I know it's different for all ppl given size / what you eat / what u drink etc .....but are ppl done for drink driving at 830 those who have been on a bender til 4am or are they the likes of me who might go out at 9 and finishes about 2.

The answer to your question is in the first line of your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

I personally think that a lot of those personal trainers are extremely dangerous.

Nutritionists are the worst shower I've come across. Important to note that I am talking about nutritionists and not dietitians. Nutritionists like to pretend that they are dietitians but they are not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,928 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Only caught the last few minutes of that last guest.

Was he a non believer in the 10000 'homeless' by any chance?

Ah this is the young lad who got arrested for helping the migrants into Greece.

Unsurprisingly the Greeks have got kind of pissy about thousand of migrants landing on their shore (and the foreigners helping them).

This is a very fine young man being interviewed. Edit-his mother has s most unfortunate name “Fanny Binder” to Anglophone ears

This is a very fine young man being interviewed

His idealism is admirable but he's about to get a dose of realpolitik.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Ray Darcy looking a bit tired

But sounding a bit more clued in.

Berserker wrote: »

Nutritionists are the worst shower I've come across. Important to note that I am talking about nutritionists and not dietitians. Nutritionists like to pretend that they are dietitians but they are not.
    The so called personal trainers hanging round various gyms encouraging paying customers to lift heay weights etc are bloody untrained DANGEROUS IDIOTS. The gyms employing these individuals need to be investigated. ......prime time investigates......hopefully sooner rather than later. !

Berserker wrote: »
    The answer to your question is in the first line of your post.

Perhaps Lidl/Aldi will sell breathalyzers with trend analyses-ie you take two readings 30
    Minutes apart before driving, having stopped drinking several hours before and you get a reasonably accurate idea if you are safe to drive, aside from dehydration-hangover factor which is an additional unmeasurable impairment. Those stores sell pulse ixymeters, ecg machines (which I used to give my cardiologist readings-same machine as used by him) It would be a start, though for meters to be commonly available.

Is there some kind of competition to see how many subjects can be jammed in to each show?

Feel so happy and safe now........Leo said no one in Ireland will go hungry ???

• Advertisement

Degag wrote: »

Yes, but we should pay ourselves the way we pay for our drink. But I definitely think the idea of encouraging people to purchase one is s very good idea.

Advertisement