Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Storm 10 wrote: »
    She is a terrible interviewer constantly has to interrupt and cut across the person she is talking to to make it look like she is in charge, cringeworthy carry on she is the same on the radio I have learnt nothing tonight

You're in the wrong place looking at RTE if you're looking to learn something - They've been repeating the same points for 2 years

The place where I've learned loads is this very site - the Brexit thread in the Politics forum. Very interesting a lot of the time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,403 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Berserker wrote: »
    What are you on about?
    Careful now. Some people here think that RTE should be interviewing comedy writers in unrelated countries on topics that they have no experience of as part of current affairs coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

All those under 30 are in for a big shock if checkpoints are setup on the border again and the inevitable happens.

Hopefully not..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,742 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Careful now. Some people here think that RTE should be interviewing comedy writers in unrelated countries on topics that they have no experience of as part of current affairs coverage.

None of them have experienced Brexit yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Smugglers don't know what to be doing yet, will take a while when the smoke settles to know what to smuggle north or south.

Smokes, probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

The piece on the nurses was utterly pointless.

Next you'll be saying that people who live abroad shouldn't be allowed come home to vote........

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭lillycakes2

RTE is just pure horse maneur

RTE is just pure horse maneur

No that's too high a quality of manure. It's hen s*it.

Go home to bed child (blonde young girl who wants a fairy tale)

• Advertisement

None of them have experienced Brexit yet.

Though they have experienced the hard border that Brexit will bring. It's always interesting to hear from people with relevant experience.

Larry is a nice, humble gent.

Though they have experienced the hard border that Brexit will bring. It's always interesting to hear from people with relevant experience.

All of them? Don't think so. And again, everyone was speculating...NOBODY has the experience yet. But everyone's opinion was valid whether you agreed with it or not.

That is what it is like to live in a free democratic, censorship free, world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

My old school Mount Sion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Brilliant aul singer

All of them? Don't think so. And again, everyone was speculating...NOBODY has the experience yet. But everyone's opinion was valid whether you agreed with it or not.

That is what it is like to live in a free democratic, censorship free, world.
    No, I don't think you listened closely. They were talking about their past experiences with the hard border (the older ones) and how their current border-based lives would be impacted by a new hard border - direct experience, not opinions.

And yes, opinions are valid - but that doesn't mean they get on the news.

No, I don't think you listened closely. They were talking about their past experiences with the hard border (the older ones) and how their current border-based lives would be impacted by a new hard border - direct experience, not opinions.

And yes, opinions are valid - but that doesn't mean they get on the news.
    So you ignored the opinion of the young people and all those who have yet to experience what a Brexit border will be as nobody, not even the UK know yet.

Good man Andrew I can't criticise your persistence in driving your argument into the ground until it is stone dead.

So you ignored the opinion of the young people and all those who have yet to experience what a Brexit border will be as nobody, not even the UK know yet.

Good man Andrew I can't criticise your persistence in driving your argument into the ground until it is stone dead.

No, I listened to their experiences of living along the border, and their expectations of how that would be impacted by a hard border. The lived experience bit was particularly interesting and relevant, as it usually is. That's why it's often included in news programmes and current affairs.

No, I listened to their experiences of living along the border, and their expectations of how that would be impacted by a hard border. The lived experience bit was particularly interesting and relevant, as it usually is. That's why it's often included in news programmes and current affairs.

So it's only the opinions of those who live along the border that are relevant now...right! :D:D:D:D

You can keep this subterfuge for censorship of opinion you don't like up for as long as you wish, I won't bore other readers making a cod of your cul de sac argument. Take it easy Andrew.

So it's only the opinions of those who live along the border that are relevant now...right! :D:D:D:D

You can keep this subterfuge for censorship of opinion you don't like up for as long as you wish, I won't bore other readers making a cod of your cul de sac argument. Take it easy Andrew.
    No, like I explained in my post from last night, their experience is very relevant to any news programme on their topic. That's what experience is all about really. I'm not sure how I can explain it any differently to you. I've pointed out with specific evidence how it's not censorship, but again you seem determined to keep banging this drum for some strange reason.

Expertise and experience is always vital on news programmes. Opinions from comedy writers from other countries with no experience of the matter: not so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭elperello

You are incorrigible Andrew.
    We'll chat again.
    In the meantime let's be careful out there.

elperello wrote: »
    You are incorrigible Andrew.
    We'll chat again.
    In the meantime let's be careful out there.

You're too kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭jogdish

Why can't we just have the brexit discussion ( it is supposed to be a current affairs program ), no instead it's like a late late show article.

Never saw Claire as emotional re. this gentleman's tragedies..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Oops!

Marengo wrote: »
    Never saw Claire as emotional re. this gentleman's tragedies..

Nothing like sitting across a table talking to somebody that has gone through what that man has gone through to put a lump in your throat and a tear in your eye and hit home the realistic suitation that nobody ever wants to see again that is potentially at hand in the future.....

Politicians on this Island, on the mainland UK and in Europe TAKE NOTE!

Oops! wrote: »
    Nothing like sitting across a table talking to somebody that has gone through what that man has gone through to put a lump in your throat and a tear in your eye and hit home the realistic suitation that nobody ever wants to see again that is potentially at hand in the future.....

Politicians on this Island, on the mainland UK and in Europe TAKE NOTE!

Very well said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,330 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

How NIRL was not more of an issue during the referendum campaign is mad.

If border check points are setup again we all know they will be targets.. predictably sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭jogdish

This stupid smart phone panel annoys me, the questions are obviously stated in a biased way ,
    Anyone with any stats background would never ask a question worded like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Alastair Campbell is spot on about us being collateral damage in all this when some numpties like Jacob Rees Mogg are blaming us for all this mess the the UK have gotten themselves into. Tusks comments about their being a special place in hell for those who advocated for Brexit without having a clear plan in place about how this was going to happen in a amicable way was spot on as well.

Advertisement