Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,330 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Choooone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,742 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Not quite sure what all this emotive stuff is about and how it helps, even less sure what help Christy with Bono etc etc will add.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I think I'm the only person in the country that can't abide Christy Moore with his mournful melancholy depressing lyrics. Not something I'd say in public or I'd be lynched but I think I'm safe enough saying it here. I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Jesus, a hard border doesn't seem like that bad an idea after listening to Sammy Wilson and that woeful scutter from Christy Moore... Did they beat themselves on the head with hammers before writing that tripe?

AllForIt wrote: »
    I think I'm the only person in the country that can't abide Christy Moore with his mournful melancholy depressing lyrics. Not something I'd say in public or I'd be lynched but I think I'm safe enough saying it here. I think.

Not-Alone-Web.jpg

• Advertisement

Not quite sure what all this emotive stuff is about and how it helps, even less sure what help Christy with Bono etc etc will add.

The Brits can have whatever they want if they take Bono. :pac:

Where do I sign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

He's half Protestant anyway so if we split him down the middle and slingshot him over the sea as a piece offering we might all be happy enough to let Brexit go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,929 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

AllForIt wrote: »

Another here.

Him and his bloody Honda 50....worst song EVER!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Annoyed with how Claire handled Sammy Wilson tonight! No rebuttal whatsoever for the inaccuracies he spouted about the UK being Ireland's largest training partner (I think he even said "by far").

Pat Kenny had essentially the same show previously. Claire might look a damn sight better than Pat - but she isn't fit to lace his boots as a host of this type of show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I took one look at Sammy Wilson and knew he'd say it was all Leo's fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Oops!

madmaggie wrote: »
    I took one look at Sammy Wilson and knew he'd say it was all Leo's fault.

It's always somebody else's fault, especially when it's anything to do with Norn Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭AllForIt

NIMAN wrote: »
    Another here.

Him and his bloody Honda 50....worst song EVER!

I don't know that one thank goodness.

"Don't forget your shovel...when you want to go to work" is the most embarrassing cringe suck up to the working classes you could ever hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Annoyed with how Claire handled Sammy Wilson tonight! No rebuttal whatsoever for the inaccuracies he spouted about the UK being Ireland's largest training partner (I think he even said "by far").

Pat Kenny had essentially the same show previously. Claire might look a damn sight better than Pat - but she isn't fit to lace his boots as a host of this type of show!

RTÉ generally never like to upset unionists, yet they will do anything to attack Sinn Féin.

British, loyalists and unionists are given a free ride on RTÉ and never censured, investigated or corrected.

No change since the Sticky days.

Hard to believe (well it isn't) that Brexiters are still trying to use that false statistic.

Smells of desperation

Let Sammy yammer away with his guff, he's an eejit and a one trick pony. If ulster unionism actually got intelligent leaders they would be a far bigger problem.

I just hope I live to see the day the United Ireland arrives, to watch the likes of Sammy, Gregory Campbell and Arlene squirm.

In fact, don't even need a UI, that might be too far away. The time when they will be in a minority in Northern Ireland is very close, that'll be a good day too. When they find that they can't veto everything, or treat half the country like 2nd class citizens.

Bring it on.

Couldn't agree more.

A lot of people dis Pat, but when it comes to intelligent debate most of the folk around Irish TV debates now, like Claire, Miriam, Matt Cooper etc, couldn't compete with our Pat.

Allowing the rabid elements of unionism free reign to embarrass itself has long been a policy. Ian Paisley did more on the international stage for the nationalist cause than we will ever know.
    I.E. People are not stupid, the rest of the UK had these guys and gals figured out shortly after they got their billion pound bribe to prop up Theresa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

A hard border nullifies The Good Friday Agreement.

The GFA is dead in the water anyway. Not sure why people are bothering to bring it up. It has failed and a return to Irish republican terrorism in the upcoming months, coupled with the implementation of a hard border by the Irish government/EU, will be the final nail in that coffin. Direct rule is the only way forward for NI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Where was her Producer or Researchers shouting into her ear piece? How was Wilson allowed throw out crap like that without being pulled immediately on it? And surely at this stage, even Wilson knows the stats:

United States 27.2%
    United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland) 11.8%
    Belgium 11%
    Germany 8.2%
    Switzerland 5.1%
    Netherlands 4.9%
    France 4.4%
    China 4.2% (2017)

Poor show from RTE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

Berserker wrote: »
    The GFA is dead in the water anyway. Not sure why people are bothering to bring it up. It has failed and a return to Irish republican terrorism in the upcoming months, coupled with the implementation of a hard border by the Irish government/EU, will be the final nail in that coffin. Direct rule is the only way forward for NI.

That's right. From Dublin.

The GFA has been failed. There is a difference.
    The UK have been whipped back into shape and the DUP (who have also failed it) are isolating themselves so much they will soon be happy to be observing it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

The GFA was dead in the water from the day it was signed. It was a nothing but a fudge from the start. Both the DUP and Sinn Fein were just waiting for some pretext to walk away from from the devolved government and having walked from it, will not be going back. Brexit will kill the GFA entirely.
    I fear that the peace in the North may turn out to be only temporary.

And that's exactly what the DUP want.

They have resisted sharing power with catholics/nationalists for as long as they could, and it reached a point when they got found out.

Now they would rather have no power and be ruled by London, than actually share power in their own province with their fellow citizens.

They have resisted sharing power with catholics/nationalists for as long as they could, and it reached a point when they got found out.

Now they would rather have no power and be ruled by London, than actually share power in their own province with their fellow citizens.

:D:D The GFA is stronger than the DUP and Westminster...have you not been following events? They have been unable to find a way to override it and are faced with severely damaging themselves if they do. Westminster has even been forced to underline it's pre-eminence to what they want to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

And SF. They are going to get their money for doing sweet FA. Handy bit of propaganda also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Just saw the title of upcoming show concerning the murder of family by father & husband. Will NOT be watching as the subject matter is horrific

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,135 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

honeybear wrote: »
    Just saw the title of upcoming show concerning the murder of family by father & husband. Will NOT be watching as the subject matter is horrific

I'm sure there's something on the Disney channel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

What a controlling bastard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

A tough watch... Poor poor family

Advertisement