Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 4 Battery .v. iPhone 5

• 19-01-2015 10:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I don't know many with an iPhone 5 so I'm asking here.

Got a second hand iPhone 5, didn't pay much so if it's wrecked I won't lose much sleep over it, although I won't be happy.

Anyway, phone works perfect and looks perfect. Just a couple of issues.

1) The battery:

My previous phone was a 4, which I also bought second hand nearly two years ago, and it worked great, I just wanted to upgrade as I felt it was getting slow the last while. Anyway, I would usually stick it in to charge before I went to bed, so 100% when I get up at 7 for work. I would use it a good bit during the day, especially on the way to work, my lunch, and on the way home. I'd have about 40% at 4 pm and I'd plug it in and have around 100% again when leaving just after 5 pm. Using it on the way home and a bit then when I get home/in the gym would leave me with around 60% before bed.

The iPhone 5 so far has been charged and used the same way as above, except come 4 pm I have around 25-30% left , I plug it in and it only goes to around 70%, that night I'm lucky to have around 5-10% before bed.

Is it that the iPhone 5 is much faster, bigger and has more hardware that makes the battery use up a bit more? Or should it be similar or even better to the 4's battery? Is this normal for the iPhone 5 battery? As I said the 4 battery was really great for a smart phone.

2) The charger:

The one I got with it is not an apple charger and when the phone gets to around 80% (sometimes) it says the accessory is not recognised and stops charging and I have to plug it out and back in. I thought it may have been the phone but I used an iPad apple charger and it charges it perfect, and charges it a lot quicker actually. Would this make a difference? Should I try get a apple charger in time?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Check here if you can get Apple to replace your battery for free:

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone5-battery/

And always use an apple charger; iPad ones are great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I noticed a major decline in my battery performance when I went from 4s to 5, I've both Apple and cheap USB cables, never made any diffence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

I got an apple charger. They only had 2m one's left so it was €29.00 :(
    But I must say it's made a huge difference. Also, sorted out all my apps and stopping the phone getting location automatically and that's helped loads too.

Still not quite on par with iPhone 4 battery, but drastically improved since last week.

Advertisement