Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eve trial for those who want to try it,no BS!

• 19-01-2015 11:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

So yeah 21d trial which anyone can get on any youtube eve video for free,for those who want to try it :)

https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=0ee211e2-32de-4bb5-bb6c-be202913bb3e&action=buddy

Since in topic says no BS so for those who have never played it,or watched some youtube videos,forget everything you seen-its only icing on the cake.

As eve is basically more of a job well for at least couple months or so before you can fly anything decent,not to mention most hardcore mmo there is in terms of learning it,tutorials alone might take a day to get your head around it.

Also when you get past them its still very confusing as game is basically do what you want,and this brings no limits to it,you can get killed almost anywhere and in anywhat you fly,training times are long,and to choose what you want to do in the game is mind numbing.

Ive myself tried it since its release over the years until decided to learn it properly and still cant get my head around much stuff without help.

All this said its not game where youll be able to login and have fun minute you do it.

So said all the cons about it,probably not all of them,but few good parts:

its long term game so far going for over 10y and still strong as never before.

game activities are basically made up by gamers,so its your own choice in what one wants to do-sandbox of space almost without limits.

graphics and music are art of work.

Thus given most pros one can safely assume this game is hardest in terms of learning it and achieving something big,before you get killed 10 times in a row doing it :D

So not to make this advertisement:its up to you to decide if your over 20y old have enough time to spare and patience to try something new or just to test it out give it a go.I know i did it 20 times or so over the years,and with all the drawbacks of it and other mmos played this one keeps me returning to,eventually to try again :o

If anyone who never played decides to give it a go leave reply before how long it took you to delete it ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

scamalert wrote: »
    If anyone who never played decides to give it a go leave reply before how long it took you to delete it ;)

I tried it and uninstalled it, complete crap ..... delighted to uninstall it after 7 years playing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

why did it take you 7 years ?
    for me personally in the past it took 1 week or so :o
    Now did month of it after a good break and am on the verge to drop it or keep at it,since everyone says its mmo and you need to join corp and engage in pvp,while in mosts mmos i like killing well not mmos but counter strike,BF3 its kill and everyone is sorta equal just matter of personal skill.Where in eve theres no such thing as pvp,either you get ganged or someone will always have better edge over you,and at the end its only a kill,while you get destroyed or someone else does ,its only making you more miserable,since every isk at the end has to come out either in cash or doing dull stuff.

Since it can be played in peace and so on,but in reality if you don't risk its dull game,where if you decide to do something useful be prepared to stay docked until no end,or die as many times as one can afford.

Its one of those games where you like to watch others pull of some tricks and make it look cool,but once your in it,its not cool at all :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

eve is awesome for the first 3 or 4 weeks. after that it gets slow and very grindy, you find youself waiting days and weeks for certain skills to train (in real time). i like most people started after reading all the cool **** in the news, big battles, scams, double crosses, but unless you have a lot of time to dedicate the average player will see none of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I started playing it when it was brand new... the first corp I joined was the 7th corp in the game and one of the very few (at the time) with a battleship!

Back when EVE was new there was nothing like it. I played it when station ping pong was a daily occurence, when Red Alliance attacked our Lotka Volterra alliance down south with literally thousands of players (iirc more than 15k players attacking us over a 24 hour period) and the servers crashed all the time...

Back then it was epic stuff .... But when you have epic stuff all the time it gets boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

When i subscribed to play now its was year ago id say first month or so was fun,getting into corp that thought me-but eventually most of them turned out to be couple vets and bunch of newbs,so even if we did mining or stuff as fleet,any sign of enemies and they would crap their pants-align warp out :cool: .

Best moment i think was before my sub was running out and was left alone,this chap in 1.0 sec kept spamming free isk on local.eventually chatted to him and told him to f off with scamming,seconds later he sends me 10mill,now at this point i was scrapping belts with venture all day long to make enough to buy exploration ship,and at that time i was like wtf dude for real.
    So started chatting to him how the hell he throws more isk then i made in entire day,so he asks how much i need for a ship i told 20mill or so.by the end of conversation he gave me almost 100mill :D really made my day,turns out it was only penny's for him.Doing hi end trades between low-high sec on some implants or smth like that didnt let me on the secret though :rolleyes:

other then that really blank game since i opted all skills into exploration,so any pvp i got is being scanned down and killed continuously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Thinking of trying to get back into this, anyone around here still play it ? Fed up trying to find a space game i think eve is calling to my veins i need a fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Thinking of trying to get back into this, anyone around here still play it ? Fed up trying to find a space game i think eve is calling to my veins i need a fix.

Give Elite or Star Citizen a go?

Give Elite or Star Citizen a go?

i have been playing elite on and off for about 2 months or so and its just been boring me to tears. Signed up for this today starting from scratch enjoying the updates so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I am playing, still a complete noob though so wont be able to help you much. The Irish chat channel is still up though.

cool just joined it, i am called nazzgould dethahal

• Advertisement
Advertisement