Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mater Dei

Options
  • 19-01-2015 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi I am a leaving cert student hoping to go into Mater Dei next year to do religion and history (or english,im not sure yet) and im just looking for people already in these course or hoping to go in next year aswell just to get some clarity and maybe just to know someone :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Reilly09

Hi I am a leaving cert student hoping to go into Mater Dei next year to do religion and history (or english,im not sure yet) and im just looking for people already in these course or hoping to go in next year aswell just to get some clarity and maybe just to know someone :)

Hi I was thinking of doing the Religion and English course there this year and I know no one going. Itd be really helpful ta get some info on it before going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 garycreaton

I know that you posted this over five months ago but I am in the college, currently going into third year. I am doing the English and religion course.
    Depending on results tomorrow.
    What do you want to know?
    gary.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭nickys

I know that you posted this over five months ago but I am in the college, currently going into third year. I am doing the English and religion course.
    Depending on results tomorrow.
    What do you want to know?
    gary.

Is it a good course? are you part of dcu and whats goes on etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9 garycreaton

Well the advice that I will give you is that if you don't have a passion for English or history the course is not for you. It is very difficult if you do not actually like the subject you are learning as it is very detailed in specific areas (I.E. as an English student covering Hamlet, King Lear and the Tempest by William Shakespeare in less than 3 months). Assignments are like the subject, not difficult if you like the subject. History is the toughest of the two. Lectures in terms of attendance are not a major factor but education modules give marks for attendance. Lecturers for the most part are very helpful and positive. The college is so small they all know you by name which is great for advice and helps you mature as a student. The college life itself is good, you make friends instantly and everyone knows everyone which has both its pros and cons. College nights out are small but are great banter for the most part. This year we are starting the incorporation with DCU and St. Pat's so I'm sure the majority of what I am saying to you won't apply, since even though we will be studying the same course , we will not be in the same college. I'm not fully sure about all this incorporation, but it's happening and we cannot change it. You always do teaching practice every year to get you used to teaching in a school, it is tough but very rewarding if you like teaching. Hope some of this helped! If you want to ask me anything else fire ahead! Add me on Facebook though, as I don't really check this thing very often. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭nickys

Thanks for the reply it would be English and religion she would be doing
    English is her favourite subject by far she loves it. She would be hoping to be on the gaa ladies team also so hopefully that would help her be involved more
    what was yout timetable like were you in full days every day??

• Advertisement
Advertisement