Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X PLane 10 install issue

• 20-01-2015 12:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, Just wondering if anyone is having trouble with X-Plane 10?

Any time i install it(and you know how long it takes) It crashes when i insert the final cd.

Anyone have this problem? It actually crashes the entire system, finder crashes and will not re launch and i have to keep the power button on to turn off the machine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Update, Its ok, you need to download the updated installer from the site.

Still cant get the Autopilot working or it wont load terminal buildings. not that impressed to be honest

Update, Its ok, you need to download the updated installer from the site.

Still cant get the Autopilot working or it wont load terminal buildings. not that impressed to be honest

anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I don't have an issue to be honest. What spec is your PC?

I got the Aerosoft EIDW scenery add on and it's great.

I find the graphics and flight physics in XP to be better than FS. However, XPs standard scenery and airports aren't great. They're getting better, but still behind FS.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭chilipepper

i have been playing x plane 10 since xmas, it can be a very frustrating game at times but also very rewarding.
    at the moment im having alot of trouble with ILS approaches, some airports it works for me and some it wont work for me. I have yet to get an Ils approach to work for me at shannon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Had a similar problem at Shannon. Looks as thought the ILS approach isn't coded into x-plane. Same issue in EGAC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭chilipepper

Finally I got an ils approach to work in Shannon. The frequency efass was giving me was wrong and the auto tune in the jar a320 neo was giving the wrong frequency also. The frequency of 109.50 as shown in local maps is the correct frequency for an ils approach to Shannon.
    If someone could tell me why efass disconnects from my SIM every 30 or so minutes it would be greatly appreciated.

• Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭imurdaddy

Finally I got an ils approach to work in Shannon. The frequency efass was giving me was wrong and the auto tune in the jar a320 neo was giving the wrong frequency also. The frequency of 109.50 as shown in local maps is the correct frequency for an ils approach to Shannon.
    If someone could tell me why efass disconnects from my SIM every 30 or so minutes it would be greatly appreciated.

Would you rate x plane 10 over fsx or prepare3d?

I had fsx years ago while doin ppl and found it good but buggy and crashed alot!
    Also what spec pc are you running xp10 on?

i gave up on x plane, i dont rate it at all. IM partitioning my Mac as i speak and installing FSX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Are you going to buy Prepar3D for it? fs x is getting on a bit now

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    Are you going to buy Prepar3D for it? fs x is getting on a bit now

Whats this now?

Ive been out of the loop with Sims for a while now as i have been doing nothing but producing music

• Advertisement

Link to this software here.
    It will not be sold to you solely for entertainment purposes, take note.

What exactly will i gain from this?

Are you using MS FLight or FS X?

EDIT, Just realized this is a totally new sim and not an addon

here you go: Find out more here

Happy Landings :)

Advertisement