Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Catastrophe (C4)

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I see Sharon Horgan has a new comedy coming on HBO with Sarah Jessica Parker. I have some conflicting reactions to that combo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

For me, the best bit was the 'Muireann' chorus/non-chorus. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Funny stuff.
    Sharon Horgan is quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Loved the ending of tonight's episode. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I think I could marry Sharon Horgan but she'd be a really moany cow right now! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Jumping on this bandwagon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Shelga

I love this show! Only discovered it a few weeks ago. However, the tone has changed quite a bit in series 2, especially episode 2 where Sharon was flailing about for a friend, it was borderline bleak!

I think they're hilarious together though and overall they're doing a good job of making series 2 have a different dynamic but still be funny. I read that the original concept for the show was a married couple anyway so they're just getting to the meat of it all now as it is.

Sharon is a bit of a high maintenance cow in it but you can see why he'd still love her, thought it was v funny when she was speaking German in the chemist in Paris- "und pus"- :D

*edit* She did ruin a Game of Thrones storyline though, I'm only on season 3 of that :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Consistently very good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

I just love it. Very funny and watchable.

• Advertisement

I can see multiple deaths in next weeks episode.

• Site Banned Posts: 66 ✭✭bloominballix

This is genuinely one of the worst shows I've ever seen.

It's comically unfunny.

Really? Takes all sorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

This is genuinely one of the worst shows I've ever seen.

It's comically unfunny.

So what do you find funny? Are you quite young, I ask because you might not be able to relate to most of the humour so it's lost on you as it's sharp as nails when it comes to observational humour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Jesus it's got really dark.

Jesus it's got really dark.

Yes it was dark. It was sad that they just got back together as they didn't want to be alone .....

His drinking isn't over either I fear :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Binged (literally, like you know) the 1st season last night while downing a bottle of whiskey. I have man-flu and therefore will be drunk until further notice. Embarrassingly true to life. And hilarious.
    The Irish parents are a little overcooked. In reality, they wouldn't give a curse about the knocked up daughter, more the size of the lads wallet. And not his penis....cash if the idiot is hanging about and putting a ring on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Absolutely loved this, is there any word on a third series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

FunLover18 wrote: »

Nothing about it yet but I'd say it's fairly nailed on for next year. Been the best comedy C4 have put out in years and has been getting critically acclaimed, and unlike Utopia which they scrapped after two series, the ratings for this have been solid afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭brian_t

not one, but two more seasons. .....

Production on the six-episode third season is expected to begin in November for a 2017 release.

http://tvline.com/2016/07/12/catastrophe-renewed-season-3-4-amazon/#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Best British comedy of recent years IMO..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I LOVED series 1 of this, but it seems to have just morphed into a blah family comedy with screaming kids, 'wacky' inlaws etc.

I switched off after the first episode of series 2- I just couldn't get over the dog incident. How nobody gave a crap made me a bit sick. I couldn't watch any more of it after that. I'm sad because I thought the first series was genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Posy wrote: »
    I LOVED series 1 of this, but it seems to have just morphed into a blah family comedy with screaming kids, 'wacky' inlaws etc.

I switched off after the first episode of series 2- I just couldn't get over the dog incident. How nobody gave a crap made me a bit sick. I couldn't watch any more of it after that. I'm sad because I thought the first series was genius.

I still watched but I thought series 2 wasn't a patch on series one. The first was much fresher.

Was this released on DVD? I can't find it anywhere.

Try the c4 site/app called all4.
    I've watched it there.
    It's a great app as its not geolocked and it's handy to catch up with things I missed on c4,more4,e4

Lisha wrote:
    Try the c4 site/app called all4. I've watched it there. It's a great app as its not geolocked and it's handy to catch up with things I missed on c4,more4,e4

Yeh it's there but my parents are technologically challenged, a DVD would be so much easier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Yeh it's there but my parents are technologically challenged, a DVD would be so much easier

You're letting your parents watch it? :eek:

There's sex in it!!

:D

ETA: Serious answer - you're right. I had a quick look and can't see DVDs aside from on an obscure site that might be dodgy. I wonder if that's because Amazon have taken the US rights for their streaming platform?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,980 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

brian_t wrote: »
    Catastrophe starts on RTÉ Two at 9pm on Monday 14th November.

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I stumbled across this last night on RTE 2 - I'd never heard of it. It's absolutely brilliant, can't wait to watch the rest of it.

I stumbled across this last night on RTE 2 - I'd never heard of it. It's absolutely brilliant, can't wait to watch the rest of it.

Pretty sure it's all available on 4OD if you really can't wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Missed it on RTÉ the other night. It's a great show, can't wait to rewatch it.

• Advertisement

Good news kids!

Back for a new series at the end of the month!

10pm on 28th February to be precise... on Channel 4 obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭prodsc

Bump!

Don't forget its back tonight C4 10pm.

I'm ridiculously over excited!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭arkrow

Good come back, it had slipped big time for me but that was a good'un.

Surely Horgan and Delaney have some of the best chemistry on TV by some distance? Great opener.

"And while I was in the emergency room, you'd text me a shopping list!"

Outside of the outstanding comic writing, definitely the most realistic depiction of a struggling relationship I've ever seen.

Secrets are like a child hidden in a cupboard !

So funny overall, but it's so bittersweet when you see the fragility a relation ship is based on!!
    And I'm scared about robs drinking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,452 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

What did Sharon do in the Second Captains tshirt? Twitter is being very allusive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Gah. Missed this. Will it be repeated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭prodsc

D9Male wrote: »

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/catastrophe/on-demand/62965-001

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭brian_t

D9Male wrote: »

Friday Night/Saturday morning at 3.30am on C4

Saturday Night/Sunday morning at 5 minutes after midnight on 4Seven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

It's on All4 I assume.

Sharon Horgan is getting better looking with age.

She's absolutely gorgeous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Thought it was very good. Last season was really patchy but this episode was a return to form from season 1. Really funny stuff and the relationship stuff seemed "real"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Larbre34 wrote: »
    What did Sharon do in the Second Captains tshirt? Twitter is being very allusive!

Masterbation :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Basq wrote: »
    Surely Horgan and Delaney have some of the best chemistry on TV by some distance? Great opener.

"And while I was in the emergency room, you'd text me a shopping list!"

Outside of the outstanding comic writing, definitely the most realistic depiction of a struggling relationship I've ever seen.

Great line alright, I did actually laugh out loud!

Very promising start to the new series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

threein99 wrote: »
    Masterbation :)

Thought that was kind of weird. She's obviously plugging her brother's show but I'd say if she told him she'd be flicking her bean in it he might have changed his mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Thought that was kind of weird. She's obviously plugging her brother's show but I'd say if she told him she'd be flicking her bean in it he might have changed his mind

She wore it before too.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    She wore it before too.

Fair enough. Still a bit weird though.

Why weird? It's just a t-shirt. Who thinks about what they're wearing while having a ****? My mind's usually on other things ;)

Why weird? It's just a t-shirt. Who thinks about what they're wearing while having a ****? My mind's usually on other things ;)

Not for her - for him! Would you want to see your sister simulating masturbation in a T-shirt you gave her from your work place?

Not for her - for him! Would you want to see your sister simulating masturbation in a T-shirt you gave her from your work place?

I wouldn't want to see my sister masturbating full stop, doesn't matter what she's wearing.

But I'm sure he knows she was just acting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement