Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

TOPIC MY SV 650

• 20-01-2015 1:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

hi guys i bought an sv 650 it was naked but i have the kit with it to turn it to an s version any one got an sv laying about i see there no video on how to put the fairing on it.
    also may i ask insurance wise whicjh is cheaper saying ur unemplyed or a student or working just curious

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Bulin wrote: »
    hi guys i bought an sv 650 it was naked but i have the kit with it to turn it to an s version any one got an sv laying about i see there no video on how to put the fairing on it.
    also may i ask insurance wise whicjh is cheaper saying ur unemplyed or a student or working just curious

I have a K6 S and have ridden a K7 N, from what I remember of the cluster, lights etc on the N, I couldn't imagine putting the standard fairing on it unless the fairing you have is not the OEM one and designed for a convertion or a curvy SV which I have no idea about. Personally, I think it would be cheaper and eaiser to buy an S model than convert one.

Try one of the SV specific forums, www.svrider.com/forum or forums.sv650.org for example, I'm sure you're not the first person to think about this option and you'll probably get more info on those forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

I'm also confused by this request, I have an 08 sport model (fully faired) and the lights are housed in the fairings whereas the naked model seems to have a bandit style round lamp that wouldn't match the fairings.

Here's a pic of mine for reference:
    10903742_324292164445467_1832758406_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

handlebars vs clip-on's too I believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Pics of the bike and the fairings would help, but \/ \/ \/ [wot he said]
    zubair wrote: »
    Try one of the SV specific forums, www.svrider.com/forum or forums.sv650.org for example, I'm sure you're not the first person to think about this option and you'll probably get more info on those forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Bulin

sorry guys not getting any notifaction from this site erh. i chanced the lamp and turned my bike into the sv 650 s there is nothing on any where to help me on google.
    Lucky a guy who breaks bikes toke note of all the bolts and screws fyi had to use a glue gun for most to do me for a bit lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

So you were able to do it!?

Before and after pics pls, am interested in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Bulin

zubair wrote: »
    So you were able to do it!?

Before and after pics pls, am interested in this.

yea done it lol what.
    Ii found was that in order to move ur sv into an sv 650 s was simple. on the side of the bike there a bracket to attach the casing. oh and the main one was
    where light fitting sites is two screws on on it top and buttom screw for the sv 650 front light and fearing. that is the main thing that holds it.

Advertisement