Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi haggis any good?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I only realised when I was cooking mine that it contains pork liver instead of lambs liver. That's where you'd have a taste difference.

Pork liver isn't as expensive (or tasty!) as lambs liver. Cheapskates!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭54and56

Kovu wrote: »
    I only realised when I was cooking mine that it contains pork liver instead of lambs liver. That's where you'd have a taste difference.

Pork liver isn't as expensive (or tasty!) as lambs liver. Cheapskates!

Yes, that would partly explain the disappointment. A lamb flavoured haggis which had more texture and less stodgyness would be a much better product. At €1.49 or whatever it cost me I'd prefer to pay €4.50 and have a half decent haggis.

Won't be repeating next year unless I can source a better product.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

If it was the plastic wrapped 'chub' Aldi Haggis ? its actually better off being microwaved (yes I know its sacrilege) than being steamed as they fully cook without becoming stodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Where can you get decent haggis? Never had it and would like to try.

Scotland?

Really sorry, I'm totally juvenile :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

M&S

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Nonsense, I bought it and cooked it properly and it was just like the haggis I got in Scotland. In fact I was curious and looked at the wrapper, and it was produced by a major Scottish company that has been around for years and sells haggis for export.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I got some in aldi (for burns night). did it with neeps and taties.. not impressed,very livery (and I like liver ) .. might try M&S 's one .

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Markcheese wrote: »
    I got some in aldi (for burns night). did it with neeps and taties.. not impressed,very livery (and I like liver ) .. might try M&S 's one .

Saw some Haggis in M&S on Saturday, picked it up and went to buy but put it back and decided to wait until next year when the memory of the Aldi Haggis has dimmed sufficiently!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Grabbed some again this year, but this time I actually did manage to grab some to stick in the freezer! :D Only have 2 left though, dunno how long they'll last.

• Advertisement
Advertisement