Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 month old gone crazy?

Options
  • 20-01-2015 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else's 11 month old go bat **** crazy?? We are at our wits end. We managed to just survive the last leap, and the app says we are not due another for 2 weeks when he turns one. We have no clue what's wrong with him. He gets hysterical for no reason at all. Can just look at one of us and break down into tears. Or if he drops a toy or it won't do what he wants - 5 min of unconsolable hysterics.

He's also not sleeping at night. One night he was awake from 12--6 am. He was hysterical if not in our bed but just climbed around, kicked and gouged our eyes out. We tried everything to get him to settle.

This morning by some miracle he slept straight to 5, but then was hysterical for 3 hours. ( still is very sensetive even now)

Please tell me I'm not alone? I feel so sorry for him that he's upset so much . He's usually so happy and relatively easy during the day. ( nights have always been difficult though)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

I hear you! My eldest (now 17) was just the same. I can remember it clear as day. She was such a wonderfully happy child during the day, into everything, funny and cute too. Bedtime was a disaster. She would go down okayish, story time would have to drag out but she'd nod off. Then at some later stage, midnight or there abouts she would wake up. It was horrific. I used think the neighbours would call the guards. She would go rigid sometimes and scream, lots and loudly. We got her bloods checked to make sure she was not suffering from something. Her bedtime routine was perfect, food was perfect. She eventually grew out of it. But I was shattered by the time we came out the other side. She gets unmerciful slagging about it now though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i am right there with you. we have just come out of leap 6, but since then night-time has been a nightmare. he is up screaming like a banshee every hour.

in brilliant form during the day. i have no idea what is going on, not in pain, not hungry, cold or hot

:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I've A feeling my fella is overwhelmed a bit. We ae on holidays, meeting up with lots of old friends. He's also started doing the scary thing of standing up and letting go. Testing his balance.

He's never been shy or gotten upset meeting new people. Maybe it's catching up on him? I think leap 6 has thrown loads of new emotions and frustrations into the mix. They understand so much more.

It started before we went away but jaysus I'd love to get some sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

My little one is 20 weeks old today and has gone from being the most angelic of angel babies to being the most clingy whingey baby!
    She is still sleeping through the night (9pm to 8:30am) so I can't complain there, in fact that's probably what's keeping me sane! However during the day she cries if she is left on her own at all, her naps which were always easy to put her down for and lasted an hour to 90 minutes are now very difficult to put her down for and will last 30-45 mins at most.

I know this is a phase and she is growing so fast and developing so much right now but OMG it's hard. How long does this last for?

Advertisement