Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time jobs in Edinburgh

Options
  • 20-01-2015 9:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking at starting a Masters in Napier in Edinburgh this September. I've been working the last two years since graduating and have enough money saved to cover most of the years and the fees (only a small amount after the loan) but still probably going to come up a bit short.

What is the employment situation like in Edinburgh at the moment? I have experience in accounting and admin as well as the usual bar/waiting/retail experience from college days.

Do you think it is safe enough to expect to find a part time job to work alongside my studies?

I just want to be comfortable over there and not stressing about money the whole time.

Any input greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I'd imagine you'd be fine on bar/retail side of things, pubs and restaurants continually have signs up looking for staff.

Accounting and Admin might be harder to get on a P/T basis especially if you're busy during the week, but you could always try a few recruiters and have a chat with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

Unemployment in Scotland is at its lowest since 06 and Edinburgh has never really had an unemployment problem like Glasgow's so you'll be fine on the work front. Tourism is such a major industry here that retail/bar/restaurants always need staff.

Working in accounting/admin is unlikely to be part-time but have a nosy around the job sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 travelagents

Good luck for your Master, you'll see the university in Edinburgh is really nice, like the city.
    I've studied there 10 years ago and it was the best years of my life !

Advertisement