Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre speed Slow

Options
  • 20-01-2015 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

Last Tuesday I was offered and accepted a 6 months free trial with eVision. The next day I lost eFibre. I called Tech support and they said that the line was being readied for eVision.  He had to slow my speed down  and bring it back up again. However, since then my speed is Max 20 Mbs. Previously I was getting 80-100. If this problem is not sorted out soon , not only will I cancel the eVision trial but I will also be cancelling my Eircom account.  Also, can you confirm when the 6 months free  trial began/begins and that my contract with eircom has not been extended.  PM sent to Tony.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Kalyke wrote: »
    Last Tuesday I was offered and accepted a 6 months free trial with eVision. The next day I lost eFibre. I called Tech support and they said that the line was being readied for eVision.  He had to slow my speed down  and bring it back up again. However, since then my speed is Max 20 Mbs. Previously I was getting 80-100. If this problem is not sorted out soon , not only will I cancel the eVision trial but I will also be cancelling my Eircom account.  Also, can you confirm when the 6 months free  trial began/begins and that my contract with eircom has not been extended.  PM sent to Tony.
    Hi Kalyke
    have received your PM and we are looking into this for you and will be back later today or tomorrow.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Hi Kalyke
    have received your PM and we are looking into this for you and will be back later today or tomorrow.
    Tony
    Hi Tony. A quick update. An eircom engineer called today. There are no errors or faults on my line. The addition of eVision has messed up my DSL speeds. Can you remove eVision from my account and restore my speeds to what they were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Kalyke
    Tony
    Hi Tony. A quick update. An eircom engineer called today. There are no errors or faults on my line. The addition of eVision has messed up my DSL speeds. Can you remove eVision from my account and restore my speeds to what they were.
    Hi Kalyke

I can confirm that evision reduces speed by 20Mb for stabilization purposes and your speeds should still be able to get up to 70 to 80Mb. I have asked technical support to look in to why you are only getting 20Mb as that should not be the case.

As soon as I have clarification from technical support I'll let you know right away.

Thanks
    Al

Can someone contact me on my mobile as soon as possible?

Thanks for taking my call Kalyke

I will make sure your feedback regarding the disappointing level of service reaches managers in technical support.

I have also escalated your reports of complete connection loss this morning and as soon as I have further information I'll let you know.

Thanks
    AL

• Advertisement

I will make sure your feedback regarding the disappointing level of service reaches managers in technical support.

I have also escalated your reports of complete connection loss this morning and as soon as I have further information I'll let you know.

Thanks
    AL
    Alan, firstly I want to thank you for calling. That 1 call has, if only temporarily, restored my faith in eircom. A voice of reason amongst many unreasonable voices was a very welcome thing.  If you recall our conversation, I informed you that I tried to log a fault this morning albeit whilst not at home. Your colleague told me this was not possible. I arrived home this evening and lo, my DSL is back up again..........    Another point I would like to put on the record, I like, thousands of eircom customers chose paperless billing. When logging a call, reps require an account number. If I cant get online I cant get this info. (Unless of course I had it written down.... and that would defeat the purpose of going paperless) The reason given for refusing to take a call without an account number was data protection. Surely  the land line number, address, date of birth, etc, etc would meet the requirements of the DPA? Anyway, for now I am back online.  I forgot to get clarification of some of my original questions. When does my 6 months trial with eVision start? Last Tuesday or on installation. This is very important so that I don't unwittingly roll into a further contract.

Thanks
    AL
    Alan, firstly I want to thank you for calling. That 1 call has, if only temporarily, restored my faith in eircom. A voice of reason amongst many unreasonable voices was a very welcome thing.  If you recall our conversation, I informed you that I tried to log a fault this morning albeit whilst not at home. Your colleague told me this was not possible. I arrived home this evening and lo, my DSL is back up again..........    Another point I would like to put on the record, I like, thousands of eircom customers chose paperless billing. When logging a call, reps require an account number. If I cant get online I cant get this info. (Unless of course I had it written down.... and that would defeat the purpose of going paperless) The reason given for refusing to take a call without an account number was data protection. Surely  the land line number, address, date of birth, etc, etc would meet the requirements of the DPA? Anyway, for now I am back online.  I forgot to get clarification of some of my original questions. When does my 6 months trial with eVision start? Last Tuesday or on installation. This is very important so that I don't unwittingly roll into a further contract.
    Hi Kalyke

I do appreciate your understanding and again apologise for the inconvenience caused. I can confirm that the Trial starts from when the service was ordered rather than when the service is installed.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement