Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shore newb!!

Options
  • 20-01-2015 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone

I have been handed the nice facility of a mobile home in Kilgorman wexford for use any time I desire and wanted to enquire as to peoples thoughts and get some advice on where to begin.

I am a river/lake angler but i have never been sea fishing, or shore fishing.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on methods, where to start (location) types of baits, lines, reels, any special equipment needed ( I have a range of spinning rods, and a beach caster, light fly rods, and pike fly rods 6/7

Although if you put me at a riverbank or lake I would be quite comfortable I am sure when I head off shore fishing i'll be lost until I get my bearings and do some research. I will be heading down tomorrow for a look see and to plot my plan of attack for next weekend.

I have little interest in night fishing so daylight hrs only.

If anyone who made the switch from land to sea fishing wants to reply detailing the most noticable differences that would be great. And all other advice will be very much appreciated.

Ardinn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

TAFishing on YouTube.

Will explain all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    TAFishing on YouTube.

Will explain all.

Ya but he does my head in :(

Have been watching but would still like a bit of local knowledge if available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Dont know the area but look for deep water from rocks and use the spinning gear. Spinners and jellies will get wrasse and pollack. Float fished rag work or crab will work well too.
    Theres a lot of smooth hound caught in wicklow and wexford in the summer months if you fancy the odd night session. Plenty of bass about too.

Advertisement