Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bully at work and Dismissal

Options
  • 20-01-2015 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi I wonder if someone could help me regarding to bully at work, sick leave and the possibility of being fired or having your hours reduced while on sick leave.Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

Nina2008 wrote: »
    Hi I wonder if someone could help me regarding to bully at work, sick leave and the possibility of being fired or having your hours reduced while on sick leave.Many thanks.

That person would be a solicitor. You want legal advice which can't be given here. Alternatively contact a trade union rep, but be wary of any "legal advice" that they might give, they are better at advising on next steps rather than your actual rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nina2008

Thank you for your quick response. I will look for advice at the trade union. Thanks a million.

Thank you for your attention. I will seek for advice at citizen advice then. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

As the above advice. Additionally ensure you kept a diary of any such incidents so as to provide material for any possible determinations.

• Advertisement

Thanks Manach. That's a great advice as I am getting phone calls from my boss while on my sick leave harassing me to go back to work even not being fit to work. Also treating to cut my hours and say that there are new rules that were set while I am off and he will post it to me.

Advertisement