Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old Young Farmers

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

See that's being an announcement, sadly it's only 2008/2009 entrants

http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/press/pressreleases/2015/march/title,81610,en.html

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭saranac1

Any sign yet of old young farmer scheme coming on board

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭saranac1

Or can you apply online yet???

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

where can you apply for this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 607 ✭✭✭jack o shea

is the "official" date/time you start farming when you get your own herd number/take over the family herd number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭ABlur

is the "official" date/time you start farming when you get your own herd number/take over the family herd number?

Not sure if youre talking about two numbers your own first then family one? In the past schemes the date you got the herd number was key and if you had cattle in your name/herd and claimed lands on SPS you were deemed to be farming. If you amalgamated herd with the family afterwards that was just an administrative matter not a new date starting up.

Taking over the farm Ablur, i suppose on "paper", if it was in mothers name (the herd number)till 2015 and then the sons name was put on and mother taking off, is the sons "start of farming date" 2015? in relation to the young farmer thing for the sbp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭ABlur

Taking over the farm Ablur, i suppose on "paper", if it was in mothers name (the herd number)till 2015 and then the sons name was put on and mother taking off, is the sons "start of farming date" 2015? in relation to the young farmer thing for the sbp

Yes for young farmers & make sure you submit the BPS application in your name this year. 2015 would be start of farming then.

• Advertisement

Thanks Ablur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭QA1

Whats the average value of entintlment
    old young farmer here got herd number in 06
    Got green cert in 08 so cant get old young farmer top up
    Want to now what its top up too

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ODUBHLAOICH

I'm in the same boat myself. Started farming in 2011.

Same here, qualified for all of six weeks of the YF scheme, and it took so long to get everything together for my TAMSII application I missed out on my 60% on that by two weeks. I've been waiting for the Government to get their act together so I can go call on a local TD to chew his ear off about penalizing me at 27 for committing to farming too early. I suppose when they can't even get the Dail in order after an election, it's pie in the sky to think they will sort out this mess of a scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Earnshaw

Hi there - sorry to bring up a thread from 2015 - but did any of you have any update on your situations as Old Young Farmers...? Like did anything ever happen in relation to this anomaly...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Earnshaw wrote: »
    Hi there - sorry to bring up a thread from 2015 - but did any of you have any update on your situations as Old Young Farmers...? Like did anything ever happen in relation to this anomaly...?

Nothing here

Nothing here

Any ideas why this anomaly was never addressed by the Department?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Earnshaw wrote: »
    Any ideas why this anomaly was never addressed by the Department?

I think we were in the minority
    I’m an older farmer now
    Maybe in next CAP all U40 farmers will be treated equally

Nothing here

Did you get anything in the national reserve?

https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/press/pressreleases/2015/march/title,81610,en.html

Advertisement