Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to protect patio door glass from dirty paws?

• 20-01-2015 3:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Looking for a solution to stop dogs touching and dirtying the glass.

Dogs naturally paw the glass of the patio doors to get attention and get back into to the house. Obviously this makes dirty glass.

I've seen screen protectors online but their just a clear plastic cover over the door, this too would get dirty.
    I'm thinking of a barrier fitted to the door to keep the glass out of reach but I dont know how it'll work.
    The doors themselves are PVC.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Why not train them to use a bell or similar instead to get your attention and be let in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Mine loves the windowsill as a roost and is a window-licker. Wet-wipes and a microfibre cloth are your friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

The only thing that works for me is leaving it open!
    Or in this weather waiting and letting them in quick before they start.

I also have a line of cat nose prints on every downstairs window!
    Sorry can't help more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

my guy only goes outside to go pee etc.. so i wait at the door for him to come back (usually less than a minute as he hates the cold)..

Now if he was left outside when were inside he would filthy the glass... so if this is the case, let them in straight after they pee etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭n1st

we leave ours for as long as possible so they can run around the garden.
    If were still inside they'l watch us and eventually start clawing at the window.

• Advertisement
Advertisement