Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

maternity allowances, urgent help needed =/

• 20-01-2015 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I dont want judged or made out to be some sort of scrounger, trust me i wouldnt be doing this if i wasnt absolutely desperate..
    so, im on back to work allowance but not working.. works dried up and im 30 weeks pregnant. Im not on rent allowance.. but going to try get it now because i need to survive better.
    I literally have no money for any baby clothes,pram etc.. like i havent even bought a pair of socks or baby bottles or anything because my social welfare money goes all on food, bills and rent which i have outstanding arrears because i was spending money on going to and from the hospital for appointments so it was eating into what i could afford.
    does anyone know how the community welfare and social welfare can help me? someone said you can get an allowance for pram etc.. but does anyone know how much it is? i read somewhere you get the allowance for pram AFTER you have the baby? how would that work considering you need to have your baby in a car seat when you are leaving hospital? confusing =/
    any info is greatly appreciated xx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Becz wrote: »
    I dont want judged or made out to be some sort of scrounger, trust me i wouldnt be doing this if i wasnt absolutely desperate..
    so, im on back to work allowance but not working.. works dried up and im 30 weeks pregnant. Im not on rent allowance.. but going to try get it now because i need to survive better.
    I literally have no money for any baby clothes,pram etc.. like i havent even bought a pair of socks or baby bottles or anything because my social welfare money goes all on food, bills and rent which i have outstanding arrears because i was spending money on going to and from the hospital for appointments so it was eating into what i could afford.
    does anyone know how the community welfare and social welfare can help me? someone said you can get an allowance for pram etc.. but does anyone know how much it is? i read somewhere you get the allowance for pram AFTER you have the baby? how would that work considering you need to have your baby in a car seat when you are leaving hospital? confusing =/
    any info is greatly appreciated xx

Hi firstly noone will think your a scrounger and believe me Ive been in your situation yes you get an allowance off cwo officer( go to your local health centre and see when he/she sits) I got it for a cot and clothes I got 130 the price of my cot but had to buy the matteress myself and I got 160 for clothes it was great help to start me off, ill have a look to see if ive any baby stuff if youd like I know how it feels? x

I forgot to say I had to go to smyths to get a price for the cot and get them to write it down for me and also I had to get a letter off my doctor to say I was pregnant he could visablly see I was but I t was just for files I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Becz

Hi, Thanks alot.. Il go straight in tomorrow and see whats what. If I can get that amount of money I can look on adverts.ie for a pram and things so i should be ok..Im good at sniffing out cheap things =) I was looking online at the price of prams and baby sterilizers,monitors and bottles and everything and its just insane how much everything costs,they really do rub in the price of things for parents... its kind of sick really. Dont think Iv ever felt as much panic as I do now.. thinking that I wont have anything ready for my baby is just soul destroying. xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Becz wrote: »
    Hi, Thanks alot.. Il go straight in tomorrow and see whats what. If I can get that amount of money I can look on adverts.ie for a pram and things so i should be ok..Im good at sniffing out cheap things =) I was looking online at the price of prams and baby sterilizers,monitors and bottles and everything and its just insane how much everything costs,they really do rub in the price of things for parents... its kind of sick really. Dont think Iv ever felt as much panic as I do now.. thinking that I wont have anything ready for my baby is just soul destroying. xxx

OK good yes adverts is brilliant theres loads of people doing baby bundles too like vests etc and some still with tags, pennys also has good bits baby things on sale too, they are is loads of pressure on parents these days, I was the same in such a panic but I got it all sorted thank god and you will to :) I hope you get sorted tommorow xx

Advertisement