Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snotty noses!

Options
  • 20-01-2015 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

Hi All

Just a quick query. I am just wondering whether anyone figured out how to get your 3 year old to blow his/her nose?! My son is approaching 4 so maybe he is too young yet, but if anyone has any tips that would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Spineline

Meursault wrote: »
    Hi All

Just a quick query. I am just wondering whether anyone figured out how to get your 3 year old to blow his/her nose?! My son is approaching 4 so maybe he is too young yet, but if anyone has any tips that would be great

Definitely not too young. We start them about 2years old in montessori. Its an easy thing to do so long as theyre willing to try but some just spread it everywhere but they all learn within the term, so we'll before 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Meursault

ok thanks for the response. I will keep at it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Donalh

I think a 2 or 3 year old can wipe a nose relatively easily, however actually blowing a nose can be trickier. My little one could wipe from about 2-3 yrs but only got to blowing properly at 5. I found the best technique is to get them to hold their finger under your own (clean) nose and gently blow so they feel the air on their hand.. then ask them to try to make air come out of their nose in the same way, after a bit of practice into a tissue bingo.. she got the hang of it. Or ive heard friends tell their kids to imagine the are blowing out birthday candles with their nose, worked for them

Advertisement