Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dole and living in a hostel - URGENT HELP

• 20-01-2015 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

AT THE MOMENT I AM LIVING IN A HOSTEL !!!
    I TOLD MY DOLE OFFICE AND THEY SAID I NEED A REGISTERED ADDRESS TO CLAIM MY DOLE PAYMENTS

I THOUGHT YOU COULD CLAIM THE DOLE BY LIVING IN A HOSTEL???

I NEED SOME ADVICE ON THIS??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

And they wonder how people end on the streets without a penny. Where abouts are you. We might be able to help find you somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭IReadUrSoul

I AM LIVING IN A HOSTEL IN SMITHFIELD AREA , SOMEONE TOLD BE TO GO TO THE DOLE OFFICE AND THEY CAN LOK FOR A FLAT WITH RENT ALLOWANCE , BUT I GUESS EVERYONE COULD DO THAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Maybe talk to the Dublin Homeless Person's Unit, they'd be best placed to advise you on how to claim without a fixed address (assuming you are in Smithfield in Dublin)

http://www.homelessdublin.ie/social-welfare-entitlements

• Registered Users Posts: 40 raspberrypie

AT THE MOMENT I AM LIVING IN A HOSTEL !!!
    I TOLD MY DOLE OFFICE AND THEY SAID I NEED A REGISTERED ADDRESS TO CLAIM MY DOLE PAYMENTS

I THOUGHT YOU COULD CLAIM THE DOLE BY LIVING IN A HOSTEL???

I NEED SOME ADVICE ON THIS??:confused:

I've stayed in hostels before, although a long, long time ago back in the 90's and early 2000's I was able to claim dole by using the hostel as my address. Did so literally numerous times when I had no ties and was a bit of a nomad.

Advertisement