Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTAIV EFLC Steam Issue

• 20-01-2015 4:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭

Heyup,

So I've spent the last two hours googling and trying various things and nothing's worked, so I said I'd ask here in a last ditch effort to save my sanity.

I installed EFLC through Steam. But it won't launch. I try launching through Steam, I get the CD Key popup, then the social club login page, then an error:
    "SecuLauncher: failed to start application. [2000]"

The weird thing is, I can launch the game fine from the directory by using the .exe, but after about five minutes of gameplay, drunk cam sticks on permanently and cars freak the f*ck out (which from what I can gather is a "piracy" deterrent :rolleyes:), so the game is unplayable.

Things I've tried:
    - Running the game as administrator.
    - Uninstalling and reinstalling Visual Studio C++ 2005.
    - Uninstalling and reinstalling .NET Framework.
    - Uninstalling and reinstalling the GFWL thing.
    - Messing around the SecuRom diagnostics yoke on their website. No joy.

So yeah, any help would be great. I'd settle for a way of bypassing the piracy checks at this point and I'd just launch the .exe all the time.

EDIT: Should have said, this is happening both when I have mods and vanilla.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

GTAIV is just a miserable game to deal with on PC, I'm regularly having to check integrity on it since it decides to just stop working randomly. Never had to deal with such problematic horseshít for any other game.

Only reason I still do it is because I like playing it with the Oculus. Was working fine 2 months ago when I last played, fired it up last night and it's back to being locked at the black screen............check integrity again, ho hum............

Not sure in your situation but sometimes another program running the background freaks the SecuRom out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Yeah, I did a bit of poking around and came across xliveless, which apparently disables all the DRM or something. Once I had that, the game worked perfectly. :)

It's sort of irritating that I essentially have to crack a game I've bought legally twice (360 and PC) in order to be able to play it because they want to prevent piracy. I love modern gaming sometimes...

Advertisement