Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ag múineadh na Gaeilge: Ardleibhéal, Teastas Sóisearach

• 20-01-2015 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Bail ó Dhia oraibh go léir,

Ceist bheag daoibh, seans ann go bhfuil sé seafóideach go leor. :/

Táim ag múineadh don chéad bhliain mar mhúinteoir cáilithe i mbliana agus múiním an Ghaeilge don dara bliain (ardleibhéal).

Is í mo cheist ná, an bhfágfaí cúrsaí filíochta agus próis go dtí deireadh na bliana seo nó don tríú bliain fiú? Nó an mbeadh sé níos fearr é a dhéanamh go luath.

Tá na daltaí ag déanamh ardleibhéil ach tá cuid acu lag go leor leis fós. Tá eagla orm go mbeadh sé ró-dheacair don fhormhór den rang ag an am seo.

Faoi láthair, táimid ag obair tríd na téamaí éagsúla agus le cúrsaí scríbhneoireachta agus faigheann siad scéal nó aiste gach seachtain. Tá obair déanta againn ar na canúintí éagsúla agus ar na cluastuiscintí freisin. Áfach, ní dheachaigh mé ar aghaidh chuig an bhfilíocht nó cúrsaí próis fós?

Aon chabhair ó éinne? Bheinn an-bhuíoch asaibh!

:) x

MOD EDIT: That God bless you all ,

Small question for you , it is likely that many silly . : /

I teach first year as a qualified teacher this year and teach the language for two years ( high ) .

My question is that, the poetry and prose , leaving matters to the end of this year or even the third year ? Or it would be better to do it early .

Students are making high level but some are weak enough to remain . I'm afraid it would be too difficult for the majority of the class at this time .

Currently , we are working through the various themes and writing courses and receive a story or essay each week . We have worked on different dialects and also cluastuiscintí . However , I did not go on to the poetry or prose courses yet ?

Any help from anyone ? I would be very grateful asaibh !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Mod note:
    As per charter (and years of debate on 'boards)
    the policy is to include an english translation.
    Ta

Mod nóta
    De réir cairt (agus sna blianta na díospóireachta ar 'boird)
    Is é an polasaí a chur san áireamh ar irish aistriúcháin.
    Ta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

OP, there is no panic on doing the prose and poetry in second year.
    You could definitely leave it till third year.
    The studied poetry and prose are always easier for them to grasp. It's the unseen ones that are tricky.
    They will need lots of practice with exam questions.
    That said they are only worth 15 marks each so knowing the "seen" poetry and prose really well, will bring the mark up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Bail ó Dhia oraibh go léir,

Ceist bheag daoibh, seans ann go bhfuil sé seafóideach go leor. :/

Táim ag múineadh don chéad bhliain mar mhúinteoir cáilithe i mbliana agus múiním an Ghaeilge don dara bliain (ardleibhéal).

Is í mo cheist ná, an bhfágfaí cúrsaí filíochta agus próis go dtí deireadh na bliana seo nó don tríú bliain fiú? Nó an mbeadh sé níos fearr é a dhéanamh go luath.

Tá na daltaí ag déanamh ardleibhéil ach tá cuid acu lag go leor leis fós. Tá eagla orm go mbeadh sé ró-dheacair don fhormhór den rang ag an am seo.

Faoi láthair, táimid ag obair tríd na téamaí éagsúla agus le cúrsaí scríbhneoireachta agus faigheann siad scéal nó aiste gach seachtain. Tá obair déanta againn ar na canúintí éagsúla agus ar na cluastuiscintí freisin. Áfach, ní dheachaigh mé ar aghaidh chuig an bhfilíocht nó cúrsaí próis fós?

Aon chabhair ó éinne? Bheinn an-bhuíoch asaibh!

:) x

Aontaím leat go bhfuil an ceart agat béim a chur ar a gcuid Gaeilge scríofa a fheabhsú i dtosach báire. Ar an lámh eile, ní dóigh liom go mbeadh dánta ar nós Subh Milis ródheachair dóibh sa dara bliain, fiú muna bhfuil tuiscint agus meas acu ar an ndán sa bhliain sin.

Translation:
    You agree that you are right to emphasize their Irish improve written originally . On the other hand , I do not have poems like Sweet Jam ródheachair them in the second year , even if they have an understanding and appreciation of the destiny of that year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

I've done about 5 poems with mine but have yet to look into them in detail. We just designed posters on them and the kids are going to take them apart one by one starting with subh milis. I think thats the handiest way- I really want the prose and poetry out of the way this year for revision next year and to focus on writing, grammar and oral :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

No harm in leaving them until next year. That said, you could do one or two simple poems as someone else suggested. Subh Milis (as previously suggested) is a good one, so is Teilifís. Neither will prove difficult for an honours class, even in second year. Also, if you have colleagues in the Irish department might be no harm asking them what they normally do. They should be happy to advise and help. Finally, there may be some guidelines in the yearly plans of your department. I know in our Irish department we have a list that we all decided on of what will be covered each year, to make any changes in who has what group easier to manage. It is preferable to have the same group all the way up to exams but unfortunately not always possible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement