Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2/Three - breach of O2 contract ??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bella_Lyn86

Zulu wrote: »
    I couldn't give a fiddlers <SNIP> (pardon the language) where the support is physically located so long as it's support and not an infuriating hindrance. I found 3's support to be simply the worst customer "care" I've ever come across in my life, and had vowed never to do business with them ever again.

Sadly, I'm not able to stand by that vow for the time being. :(

I do know that 3 plan have the name changed over the door by mid feb/March
    I also know that the normal customer experience of O2 handling your queries in store will no longer be the case
    3 plan to turn the retail stores into more of a carphone warehouse in terms of it will only be focusing on sales in the store any query not related to new sales you will only have the option to deal with customer care by phone

Any of you that dont see the issue yet I really do hope for your sake you are not a O2 customer and are not going to be stuck in a contract with a network you didn't choose

With exception to a few stores here and there , I have always found O2 stores to be extremely knowledgable on a store level and never once fobbed off to customer care

This is about to change !!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Looks like they'll be no Terms & Conditions change anytime soon if their website is to be believed

http://www.three.ie/three-and-o2/
    Will my price plan change?
    Don’t worry; there’ll be no change to your price plan. Your contract and benefits will remain the same.

Do my terms and conditions change?
    No, we’re happy to assure you there’ll be no change to your T&Cs. Your contract will remain the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

I also know that the normal customer experience of O2 handling your queries in store will no longer be the case
    3 plan to turn the retail stores into more of a carphone warehouse in terms of it will only be focusing on sales in the store any query not related to new sales you will only have the option to deal with customer care by phone

Any of you that dont see the issue yet I really do hope for your sake you are not a O2 customer and are not going to be stuck in a contract with a network you didn't choose

With exception to a few stores here and there , I have always found O2 stores to be extremely knowledgable on a store level and never once fobbed off to customer care

And how do you know all this? I know all the above to be totally untrue

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Absolute rubbish. Please take off the blindfolds.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bella_Lyn86

Absolute rubbish. Please take off the blindfolds.

please state otherwise if you are so sure

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

please state otherwise if you are so sure

Thats not normally how these things work,

You are the one making all sorts of claims, if you are making claims then you need to backup said claims with a reliable source.

Saying i heard from a friend of a friend or some sort of nonsense like that doesn't cut it,

With all due respect you've not provided a link to any reliable source for your claims so they are just pie in the sky nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Micksey100 wrote: »
    I agree with ZHANE im with o2 till november 2015 a 24 month contract, but o2 are gone its three now even to log into my account i have to go to threes login page, even the 3 logo comes up on my phone. Try and log in to O2 website its gone so my contract should be void i don't whant any thing to do with three. you can't have a contract with a company thats not there even if its bought by three. All my paper work for my contract is with O2 thats who i signed up with not three.

Read that same paperwork. As already explained, your contract stands. A change of owner without a change in terms does not render your contract invalid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Micksey100 wrote: »
    I agree with ZHANE im with o2 till november 2015 a 24 month contract, but o2 are gone its three now even to log into my account i have to go to threes login page, even the 3 logo comes up on my phone. Try and log in to O2 website its gone so my contract should be void i don't whant any thing to do with three. you can't have a contract with a company thats not there even if its bought by three. All my paper work for my contract is with O2 thats who i signed up with not three.

please show me where in your contract it says that the name o2 forms part of the contract and that if thd name o2 is changed the contract can be voided.

btw - o2 was previously called Esat Digifone, then it was bought by BT and named Digifone, then it was bought by telephonica and named o2. It even had a network share agreement with Vodafone (previously eircell).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

@Delahuntv - you can voice your opinion without the personal comments and the patronising tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

dudara wrote: »
    I remember that there used to be a website that would monitor all the major service providers and would list any changes to their T&Cs. Does anyone know if that still exists?

Just use archive.org, asuming the page has't moved in the meantime, e.g. O2 T+Cs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

I dont understand what part of 'your terms and conditions arent changed' youre not getting OP? Three have even told you nothing bar aesthetics is changing, if o2 is your only provider of choice then im afraid youll have to give up the use of a mobile!

customer service has changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Galway K9 wrote: »

Quality of service has changed too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

The level / style of customer service is not included in the contract unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I've always found the customer service to be OK. It is a lot better with other companies. Their reps here on boards have always sorted me out and are top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Whats the deal with Nutgrove. Two 3 stores right beside eachother. The new 3 store has a sign in the window telling ex-O2 customers to go to the old O2 shop next door.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Alan_grace

Actually three customer service is partly in India. Every time i log a chat with them it is in India and they are the worst company i have ever dealt with so i can understand this guys frustration. I will be paying up my contract early as i cant deal with them any longer. This will be the second time i have had to leave 3 due to bad service. I also signed up with o2 as i never would have signed with 3

hoodwinked wrote: »
    Quality of service has changed too. :(
    Could nr be more true. After getting a bill of over 250 euro for data charges i sent an email to complain as i was well with in my limit and the response........
    Since the usage details are taken directly from your SIM card so the charges are absolutely correct and valid.

You can check your usage details through your online account.

I hope this helps.

Ha!! For those of you saying there is no change in service..............

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Alan_grace wrote: »
    Could nr be more true. After getting a bill of over 250 euro for data charges i sent an email to complain as i was well with in my limit and the response........
    Since the usage details are taken directly from your SIM card so the charges are absolutely correct and valid.

You can check your usage details through your online account.

I hope this helps.

Ha!! For those of you saying there is no change in service..............

Seems to me like you should look at your contract and your usage in that month (can be hard but copy paste to excel and add up all the data usage to see if it matches your allowance). Going past your bundle limit introduces high charges (0.99c per MB for most) so it wouldn't take much to accidentally run up a bill like this, that you went outside your bundle allowance is your own fault, then the charges are very high is theirs but it was part of your original contract, nothing to do with the changeover.

Seems to me like you should look at your contract and your usage in that month (can be hard but copy paste to excel and add up all the data usage to see if it matches your allowance). Going past your bundle limit introduces high charges (0.99c per MB for most) so it wouldn't take much to accidentally run up a bill like this, that you went outside your bundle allowance is your own fault, then the charges are very high is theirs but it was part of your original contract, nothing to do with the changeover.

Obviously I checked my usage!! like I said I way well under. Not even close to limit. They refunded the incorrect charges since then but only in the next billing cycle. Pathetic customer service to give a bolier plate denial like that without investigating my account properly. they did exactly the same thing again this month.

Advertisement