Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlie Byrnes bookshop

Options
  • 20-01-2015 6:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭

I notice they are stocking more and more full-price books and sticking them in with the second-hand ones. Anyone else find this slightly irritating.

For example I'm browsing in the history section or whatever and see a book I like, get unusually excited, quickly grab it, turn it over only to be faced with a new and full-priced sticker at the back of the book.

Don't get me wrong, still a great bookshop but I just like the occasional whinge and I feel this seemingly recently adopted policy ironically enough cheapens the experience a little bit!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Any reason why they should not sell new books?

Great selection whether new or secondhand

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

nuac wrote: »
    Any reason why they should not sell new books?

Great selection whether new or secondhand

No reason whatsoever, in fact they have done so for a while. However as far as I am aware it's only in recent times that they've been sticking in new books with second-hand ones which, to me at least, isn't ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As rants go I give this 6/10 ;) but I get your point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

donfers wrote: »
    No reason whatsoever, in fact they have done so for a while. However as far as I am aware it's only in recent times that they've been sticking in new books with second-hand ones which, to me at least, isn't ideal

I know exactly what you mean. The trend has made them lose their "mojo" a little, in my opinion. Still a great shop though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

CB's has put in second hand with new books for as long as I remember in the speciality areas that I'd browse (can't speak for all sections).

• Advertisement
Advertisement