Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difference between Computing and Information Technology support.

Options
  • 20-01-2015 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey guys, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what the difference between these two courses are, and which one is best suited for me.

After deferring Information Technology in 2014, I took on a computer maintenance course in colaiste stiofain naofa and so far I really enjoy it. Especially the hands-on hardware side of it. For me the computing course looks a lot more software based, like coding and programming and what not, and to be honest I don't think I want to get into that (Although I do enjoy Web development). I could be wrong about this but would I be right in saying that Information Technology is hardware focused and Computing is Software focused? I think i'd rather working on hardware but I also don't want to miss out on web development :( I'm a small bit confused to be honest. Could someone please explain what the difference between the two courses are? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement