Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrison Visa

Options
  • 20-01-2015 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All
    Could someone be so kind as to let me know how to approach this...

In 1992 I applied for a Morrison visa through the lottery, and got one.
    Part of the deal was that I spend x amount of days in the US for five years before I can get full entitlement to stay...

Unfortunately I didn't take it up for personal reasons , but I was told that this offer can be Reactivated..?

Is this true..? And How do I go about it.

Thanks in advance folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Sorry, it's long gone for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Drummer1967

FatherTed wrote: »
    Sorry, it's long gone for you.

Any chance you could expand on that ? i'd be interested to know about this also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Need some clarification- did you not use the visa at all?
    Or did you use it, get a green card, and then return to Ireland? If the latter, how long ago did you return?

If you never used it at all, you cannot re-activate it, because they do expire, usually visas expirte within 6 months of issue, but there seems to have been a specific time in September 1994 when these visas expired; http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-2225344.html

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Drummer1967

i just read that link thanks for posting it.
    seems as though you only had a short time to accept the Morrison before it was withdrawn.
    Big mistake op I think

Advertisement