Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wood burner @ aluminium rads

• 20-01-2015 6:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

I have a wood burner. It is piped to hot press tank and heats water grand.there is a towel rad in bathroom , which I was told was there just as an safety overflow if tank got too hot. It get lovely and warm after stove on for awhile.

I have a sealed gas central heating , both operate independant.

The wood burner is only 3 or 4 kW. I was thinking !! We don't use the towel rad at all. The tank has the main bedroom and the kids bedroom wall either side of it. The pipes to the towel rad in bathroom are visible and have a join just as they leave the hot water tank to go under floor boards to towel rad.

Now-😀 I was thinking , if the towel rad was disconnected , easy to do as the pipes are just inside the hot press door , can anyone see a problem , with -
    Putting two small ish aluminium radiators on the two adjacent room walls. Short pipe run couple of feet. I have been reading that these low water rads are ideal for wood burners due to low water content.

This would mean (I hope) that when the stove is on which it is 8/9month of year , I could have the upstairs warm ish , well at least not cold as it now is , with these two high output rads on when the stove is on....

Appreciate any views , good or bad please ...thks

Paddy

Advertisement