Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazing Music From Video Games

Options
  • 20-01-2015 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

I'm a pretty big gamer, or at least I was. Not so much in the past few years, but I still love revving up the XBox every once in a while.

What struck me when I started playing Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (awesome) for the first time in ages again was the opening theme music.

For sure, it's a deliberate rip-off of James Bond themes, but that was very much the point. This is an incredible song and is actually far better than some Bond themes!

A real high point in original music from video games.

For sure, games like Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and so on all had great music, but that was not original music and I wouldn't count it in the same vein as what I'm aiming for here.

Another game that had great atmospheric and tense music was Max Payne:

This is from a level where you have to infiltrate the enemy's main base/headquarters. The tension from this minimalist and atmospheric music makes the final few levels even harder as you feel like the walls are going to come alive and spew enemies at you!

Anyone else have any other suggestions?

Comments

Advertisement