Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about cheque

Options
  • 20-01-2015 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭

Hi. I already posted thread with my current bank.
    I have a cheque ere that I received which is bank of Ireland's. I am with aib.
    My job is with bank of Ireland. I was wondering could the cheque be lodged into my job account and could my job then give me the cash on same day. Do I have to be present to sign anything?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi dodderangler,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

You would need to lodge this cheque into a current account in your name and for it to go through the normal cheque clearing time frame. It wouldn't be possible to cash it.
     If you also have a Bank of Ireland current account, this will take three working days to clear on your account. It would not be possible to speed up this cheque clearing process unfortunately.

Please let us know if you need help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement