Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD Monitor Repair

Options
  • 20-01-2015 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Does anybody know of a repair company in north county Dublin that charges reasonable rates? I don't think it's a major prtoblem!

T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

is it still even done any more? I used to send out LCD screens for repair but that was back when they were still expensive and it was worth it but now they are so cheap to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

New screens are cheap, doubt anyone would bother repairing them.

What is it? If it's from a laptop, then you will find a shop to replace easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭pinkfloydian

It's a stand alone monitor for a PC. When PC is switched on, the monitor displays for about a second and then goes blank, Should be easy to fix and not expensive,

Cheapest monitor I could find in PC World is €90 and that is a cheap model. This is a good make and I would like to have it repaired, so that my son can use it for study on his laptop.

T

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It's a stand alone monitor for a PC. When PC is switched on, the monitor displays for about a second and then goes blank, Should be easy to fix and not expensive,

Cheapest monitor I could find in PC World is €90 and that is a cheap model. This is a good make and I would like to have it repaired, so that my son can use it for study on his laptop.

T

Can you just turn the monitor on separately? And try changing settings on the monitor? Might not be the monitor at all....

Even still, you will struggle to find someone to repair it I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

You should also try another cable from PC to monitor (although unlikely), to rule that out, (and reseat the graphics card (if its not an on-board one) ), before replacing/repairing the monitor itself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement