Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Share & Irish Water Conservation Grant

Options
  • 20-01-2015 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Sharing a house - we'll have to split the water bill.

Who will receive this water conservation grant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Adrian4 wrote: »
    Sharing a house - we'll have to split the water bill.

Who will receive this water conservation grant?
    That's not legislated for, nor could it be really for every permutation. Up to the people residing in the house to sort it out between themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Adrian4

The Pack has the landlords name on it - would the grant then go to the landlord?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Adrian4 wrote: »
    The Pack has the landlords name on it - would the grant then go to the landlord?

That's to register the property or tenancy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

This is one of the reasons they shouldn't be granting the allowance through IW but handling it through the tax and welfare systems!

murphaph wrote: »
    This is one of the reasons they shouldn't be granting the allowance through IW but handling it through the tax and welfare systems!

They are, aren't they? I thought the conservation grant was paid through Revenue.

• Advertisement

One of my former housemates dumped the pack before we could do anything about it (clown). LL said he knows nothing about it so we will be ignoring the whole thing for now and not registering for anything.

MouseTail wrote: »
    They are, aren't they? I thought the conservation grant was paid through Revenue.
    The "free allowance" and discounts for those who qualify are handled directly by IW. I don't know what the Conservation Grant is to be honest. There should be no such handling of these things by IW. It makes the administration much more difficult (costly) than needs be. The other utilities, for which there are also free allowances (paid for by the taxpayer), do not discount anything, but the qualifying customer gets a rebate or grant paid directly by the DSP. Similarly, Revenue could provide a tax credit to anyone in employment (or better still, just charge less for the water in the first place).

IW is a bloody shambles, though I firmly agree with water metering and paying by usage. They rushed it and never thought of several edge cases, that aren't even that uncommon in fact.

One of my former housemates dumped the pack before we could do anything about it (clown). LL said he knows nothing about it so we will be ignoring the whole thing for now and not registering for anything.
    Can't you request the pack again?

Its easy to register online. If you don't register by Feb 2nd, you wont get the water conservation grant.

murphaph wrote: »
    Can't you request the pack again?
    MouseTail wrote: »
    Its easy to register online. If you don't register by Feb 2nd, you wont get the water conservation grant.

I was hoping to keep my name off the pack if possible as I don't know how long I will be here. The LL keeps all other utilities in his name and was hoping this would be the same though not sure if that's even possible with the water bill.

Long story short the 2nd of February has come around very fast and I just kept putting it off also my housemates haven't got any heed in it so don't know why I should have to be the one giving my details.

• Advertisement
Advertisement