Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oculus Rift DK2

• 20-01-2015 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Hope everybody is alive and happy in here =)

I got myself the Oculus Rift DK2 a while back and I have to say that it did blow my mind. It is not perfect by any means but it does really show that VR is the future of sim racing (imho).

The problem for me now is, I cant race on my triple screen setup anymore because it just feels "empty" somehow and I cant race with the DK2 because its to hard to see far away... just no good this hehe.

I was wondering if anybody else had tried out the DK2 and what your thoughts where about it.

If there is a couple of you that would like to try out the DK2, we could meet up and drop over to my place so you can have a drive if you would like.

Regards,
    c0rn

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Not tried but watched tonnes of videos, it looks epic.
    Is there a performance hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭c0rn3y

I went from triple screens to the Oculus DK2 so for me I actually got better frames on the DK2 =)

Dcully, we can try and get some of us together and meet up at my place and take ride if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

c0rn3y wrote: »
    I went from triple screens to the Oculus DK2 so for me I actually got better frames on the DK2 =)

Dcully, we can try and get some of us together and meet up at my place and take ride if you want.

I was thinking about buying the consumer version when it comes out, but I might give them a couple more years to get the resolution problems sorted out. plus I just got my triple screen setup just how I wanted it all along :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'll be buying the CV for sure, trying to stop myself from buying the DK2 is a daily battle. They probably wouldn't have much resale value once the CV gets announced.

Advertisement