Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 32 to be 100,000 capacity. What would be your lineup to fill the stadium

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Wouldn't hold my breath but one thing I have to say is Taker needs to start making noteable appearances on Raw/Smackdown.

Post (say about) WMXXVII all of the build ups have rested so so heavily on his opponents to sell the match.

Yeah Punk and Bray did alright but if Taker was really present and made some unique big moments before Mania it would be 1000x easier to invest in these matches.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Wouldn't hold my breath but one thing I have to say is Taker needs to start making noteable appearances on Raw/Smackdown.

Post (say about) WMXXVII all of the build ups have rested so so heavily on his opponents to sell the match.

Yeah Punk and Bray did alright but if Taker was really present and made some unique big moments before Mania it would be 1000x easier to invest in these matches.

This is my main issue with Taker coming back like he does. Have any of us believed that he is going to lose at Mania? Even if he goes against Cena then we know Taker is winning that, Sting = ditto. There's no way Vinnie Mac let's a WCW legend go over Taker. It is too close to Mania now to build up any kind of credible feud so I'd rather they just gave him the year off.

However, it's Texas and they need asses in seats so I think Taker goes against Strowman which will be a car crash.

A Strowman feud could be credible but it needs/needed a massive moment that makes everyone believe that Strowman is that one guy that believibly could put the final nail in Takers coffin. Building ob the Wyatt stuff last year it might have had legs.

That ain't happening and if it does they are about a month too late. WWE need to realise there is more to Taker than one night of the year.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    A Strowman feud could be credible but it needs/needed a massive moment that makes everyone believe that Strowman is that one guy that believibly could put the final nail in Takers coffin. Building ob the Wyatt stuff last year it might have had legs.

That ain't happening and if it does they are about a month too late. WWE need to realise there is more to Taker than one night of the year.

I think Taker himself needs to realise that. I find it impossible to believe that he can only go one night a year. If mania was anywhere else but Texas it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't involved at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Taker and Brock versus The Wyatts is my bet.

• Advertisement

I don't ask for much but all I want as Mania goes off the air is a heel Roman Reigns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭rtron

Taker versus Brock again.But this time taker comes out as the american bad ass to win. :-)

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Taker and Brock versus The Wyatts is my bet.

A good shout. Twould be something different. Always love me the Wyatts as a whole unit. They look like complete monsters when we get that "team photo" pose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The rock vs taker ???

My guess is Taker will appear on raw either the 7/14th March and while doing his promo will be interrupted by his mania opponent.

Lights go out and the crow noise is heard and sting appears in the ring and points at the mania sign and taker does his trademark throat thing. Hair standing moment. Won't happen though

Randy Orton is not active at the moment on the roster so he could be takers opponent. Bit dull but cud be a good match and re-branding Orton's legend killer gimmick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

So if Takers opponent is apparantly not on the wwe roster, what about the chances of Angle turning up to challenge him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I am 100% sure Kurt Angle is never showing up in WWE. I mean they let him go in 2005 as he was a mess and a liability. Look at the state of him now!! No way he ever appears in WWE as an active wrestler. Id rather see Jake Roberts and Scott Hall wrestle an Ironman match, as there is less chance of them dying in the ring than there is of Angle dying in just a 10 minute match. Seriously look at the size of his neck, the man is a wrestling death waiting to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

LeeJM wrote: »
    I am 100% sure Kurt Angle is never showing up in WWE. I mean they let him go in 2005 as he was a mess and a liability. Look at the state of him now!! No way he ever appears in WWE as an active wrestler. Id rather see Jake Roberts and Scott Hall wrestle an Ironman match, as there is less chance of them dying in the ring than there is of Angle dying in just a 10 minute match. Seriously look at the size of his neck, the man is a wrestling death waiting to happen.

I think a royal rumble surprise entrant then a hall of fame induction is all we will see from angle in wwe again

sky88 wrote: »
    I think a royal rumble surprise entrant then a hall of fame induction is all we will see from angle in wwe again

Dont think so. He is a massive liability! I am 100% certain WWE never put him in a ring again. If he were to appear in a Rumble then certain fans would expect a WM match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

It doesn't matter what fans expect really though. A Royal Rumble appearance from someone doesn't have to turn into a WrestleMania match. I'd love to see him back again personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I'm also 100% certain we'll never see Angle in a WWE ring again. He's physically ruined and really should've been forcibly retired years ago for his own sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

It's a pity they never gave Angle the time off he'd asked for to help his body recover before being released early from his contract. The Wrestling Machine gimmick he had for his last couple of months before he left would have been perfect for a comeback after some kayfabe injury while out recuperating.

Eh Angle never asked for time off to recover! They told him to kick the pain meds and he refused and Vince told him in person that he could no longer allow him to appear for his company as he was afraid for Kurts health. Angle in his wisdom then decided to join TNA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

While Kurt is far from his peak and he should retire, His matches with Galloway recently make me believe with the right opponent he is still capable of a great match.

Though I hope he retires for real sooner rather than later

Is it nieve to think Roman's guaranteed moment at mania is a bit of an IOU from him missing out last year to give us Rollins cashing in.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I think its a very good point about Reigns but also think they need to stay all in on him at this point.

How they are doing is bad though. He should be a heel. He is perfect for a heel right now. They can't build him up and knock him down, make him put to be an underdog like they could with D Bryan as people don't have sympathy for him. He is just not that type of person.

Tye Dillinger had a great comment about Tino Sabatelli on breaking ground, because of how he looks people will not like him so play up to it.

I find that with Reigns, he is a good looking chap, has the football career, has the perception of opportunities handed to him etc. No matter what they do a large percentage of men WILL not like him until he is around long enough to make them forget those things by making them think about his abilities.

Rock for example did that as he was such a great entertainer, how he got there, his past, the quick opportunities became something people never thought about as they enjoyed his work.

Its supposed to be the reality era so they should play up to perceptions. They are actually good at that. Look at Triple H, they use the perceptions of him on screen to get heat and perceptions of what he is like/going to be like as a promoter to build NXT.

So yeah, Reigns should get his title match and should win it. It won't make him the star if they don't do it could kill off his chances of people viewing him as a star. If they stick with him people will start to accept he is in that spot even if they don't appreciate it, if they can get acceptance then they can do a lot with him.

• Advertisement

I said it in another thread earlier I dont think Roman gets the title at Mania. I think plans have now changed. HHH isnt dumb, he isnt gonna put himself in another Wrestlemania X8 situation where the title match has no heat. Its now beyond obvious that the fans dont want Roman as champ. Let Ambrose win the big one and then Roman can turn on him. And Id have it be a slow burn, let Ambrose defeat HHH at Backlash or whatever its called now in a rematch but its Title v Authority and Ambrose is responsible for getting rid of HHH and Steph. Then Roman can literally beat the F*CK out of Dean with a chair like he did HHH and the fans would go batshít.

I think it was Wade Keller on a podcast this week who suggested Ambrose win tonight with them then pushing at Roman that his "little brother" got the job done which will lead to a heel turn in the next few weeks involving The Rock.

All sounds good to me.

Ambrose - HHH
    Roman - Rock

At Mania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I see people talking about cena vs taker at mania. I'll be honest that is one match up I'd hate to see. My question is why ? I don't see the point or reason for it. Also if it is cena then did wwe and cena work us and he wasn't as injured as we thought ?

I like cena but good god him and the undertaker at wrestlemania to me would be torture.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I see people talking about cena vs taker at mania. I'll be honest that is one match up I'd hate to see. My question is why ? I don't see the point or reason for it. Also if it is cena then did wwe and cena work us and he wasn't as injured as we thought ?

I like cena but good god him and the undertaker at wrestlemania to me would be torture.

Why? What exactly is torturous about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

LeeJM wrote: »
    Why? What exactly is torturous about it?

Well because I don't see what the point of it is. I wouldn't be invested in the match in any way so for me that's torturous. Taker beating cena does nothing for his legacy either way and cena doesn't need to beat taker as it won't give him the rub that a young guy would get. I just see no point in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

For one night only, i'd certainly give Angle a match v Taker and judging by his TNA matches lately, i definitely think he'd be able for it.

I certainly believe it would be better then a Scott Hall, Jake Roberts ironman match, thats for sure ;)

While Cena v Taker wouldn't be torturous to me, I just don't see anything but a clean Taker win and it certainly wouldn't rival the atmosphere at WM X8 for Hogan - Rock. There really is nobody I want to see Taker fight at Mania this year so give him more time off and build up a credible threat for next year.

For one night only, i'd certainly give Angle a match v Taker and judging by his TNA matches lately, i definitely think he'd be able for it.

I certainly believe it would be better then a Scott Hall, Jake Roberts ironman match, thats for sure ;)

Would Angle deliver a better match than Jake or Hall? Absolutely.

Would Angle be more likely to collapse or die in the ring? Absolutely.
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well because I don't see what the point of it is. I wouldn't be invested in the match in any way so for me that's torturous. Taker beating cena does nothing for his legacy either way and cena doesn't need to beat taker as it won't give him the rub that a young guy would get. I just see no point in it.

The point is its the Undertaker. The Phenom, the conscience of WWE, the one constant since 1990, the true Mr. Wrestlemania versus John Cena. The MAN since 2005. Mr. WWE. The guy that embodies everything both great and bad about WWE, the best big match wrestler in North America. As I said previously its #1 v #1A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Was really hoping for Taker vs. Owens at Mania this year but Meltzer's comments and the fact that KO won the IC Title back means it 100% won't happen.

Would be delighted with either Cena or Sting, as long as it's not his last Mania. My traditionalist views that a top name needs to go out losing and giving the rub to a future star means I'm hoping he beats whoever he faces this year and loses (and retires) to someone like Finn Balor or Kevin Owens next year. I'm certain that Undertaker would love to do someone the favour on his way out.

As for the rest of the card, anyone have any ideas for New Day's match? They belong in a meaningful main-card match but who is left for them to face?

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »

As for the rest of the card, anyone have any ideas for New Day's match? They belong in a meaningful main-card match but who is left for them to face?

I would imagine we'll find out tonight who they are facing. Would Edge have another match in him if he got enough protection?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement