Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 32 to be 100,000 capacity. What would be your lineup to fill the stadium

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I think i might be the only person who doesnt want to see Bryan v Lesnar, i mean as good as Bryan is, just looking at the 2 of them, and the fact Lesnar would simply overpower him in every way, a match between them just doesn't grab me

There is only 1 opponent left for Lesnar if he sticks around, and its against Austin and thats just not going to happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

Loughc wrote: »
    Yes for WM31. You posted in a WM32 thread tho.

:pac:

Oops. I was thinking it was a bit crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Reigns vs Lesnar - The Rematch. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Jesus most of the suggestions here are grim. On a week to week basis people are giving out about young guys not getting chances yet for Mania they want the the card filled with Taker, Sting, Lesnar, HHH, Mcmahon, Rock, Austin and HBK...

Bryan vs Rollins for the title would be good. With the right buildup it could be a WrestleMania event. No chance of it happening though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Finn Balor vs Daniel Bryan

Seth Rollins vs Sami Zayn

Bray Wyatt vs Kevin Owens

The Uso's vs Blake / Murphy

Stone Cold Vs Brock Lesnar

The Rock Vs HHH

Paige vs Sasha Banks

Tyler Breeze vs Dolph Ziggler

Sting vs Taker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Tugboats wrote: »
    Jesus most of the suggestions here are grim. On a week to week basis people are giving out about young guys not getting chances yet for Mania they want the the card filled with Taker, Sting, Lesnar, HHH, Mcmahon, Rock, Austin and HBK...

Those are the guys that draw though.

DB is probably the only major draw WWE have outside of those.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Those are the guys that draw though.

DB is probably the only major draw WWE have outside of those.

you will probably sell 70k tickets just because its wrestlemania. Reducing the price of tickets to allow more people to experience Wrestlemania would probably fill it without having the need to turn it into a Retirementmania.

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Stone Cold Vs Brock Lesnar

SCSA is never wrestling again, the risk is too much. That risk goes sky high if he has to take F5s from The Beast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

When it comes to a card for WM32, I cant really say what I want in terms of who against who. I can tell you what I don’t want to see.

I wouldn’t want to see any part timers personally. I wouldn’t like to see Sting next year as I feel hes already past it and the allure of his first ever WWE match will be gone. Hes a shell of his former self. I don’t mind seeing him this year but not next and would rather new stars be elevated. I wouldn’t like to see him face Taker of all people. Hes was past it last year against Brock and should be put out to pasture. I fear his match with Bray will be a train wreck (it hasn’t been much of a feud anyway) and Id say he will be even worse condition next year.

I don’t mind seeing Hunter as he can still go. I doubt we will see Punk due to his UFC career. I don’t want The Rock unless hes a heel as Im sick of him as a face. I don’t mind Brock but I hate the fact that hes a part timer. His feud with reigns hasn’t been helped by the lack of dates hes due to appear on. Him v Bryan is the only match Id like to see him in.

Id like to see talent like Rollins, Ambrose, Bryan, Reigns, Luke Harper, Cesaro, Ziggler booked well through out the year (something which is a big ask of WWE creative considering their recent booking track record) so that when Wrestlemania comes around these guys can main event or hold places in meaningful upper mid card feuds. They have the skills but poor booking plus addition of so many part timers does nothing but hinder them. All of the above could have been booked better this year and all could have looked stronger going into this years Wrestlemania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

This was hard and I'm still not happy with it but...

Opener: Finn Balor v Seth Rollins
    Sasha Banks v Paige
    Sting v Undertaker (goodbye for one last time)
    Kevin Owens v Sami Zayn (throw in IC title)
    Roman Reigns (heel) v The Rock
    Ziggler v HHH to end the Authority once and for all with SCSA as referee - Dolph wins, they celebrate with a few beers and some middle fingers to the authority, then SCSA stunners him anyway. Be worth ticket price alone to see Ziggler sell a stunner.
    Dean Ambrose v John Cena
    Title Match: Brock Lesnar v Daniel Bryan

And that even leaves out Rusev, Cesaro, Wyatt, Harper, Ryback and more.

The roster is super stacked, pity it's not used right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Brock Lesnar v The Rock

WWE Champion Roman Reigns (w/Paul Heyman) v John Cena

Daniel Bryan v The Undertaker

Seth Rollins v Triple H (after Rollins turns his back on the Authority)

Rusev v Sting

Kevin Owens v Bray Wyatt

Finn Balor v Dean Ambrose

Paige v Charlotte

Vince makes an announcement that it's his last ever Wrestlemania (leading to a farewell to end all farewells on RAW)

Dolph Ziggler v Tyson Kidd v Cesaro v Adrian Neville v Tyler Breeze
    (IC Title Ladder Match)

Looks like the first potential match is set. No surprise really after last night.

Warning! Mania 31 Spoilers below!

According to the Wrestling Observer, last night’s appearance of Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania is, as many have speculated, the start of a potential match next year at WrestleMania 32.

The site reports that according to backstage sources, the early word is that there are two potential plans: either Rock vs. Triple H with Rousey and Stephanie McMahon in their respective corners or a mixed tag team match with Rousey and Rock taking on Stephanie and Triple H. Obviously the latter is something Dana White would be hesitant to approve, so the singles match is more likely.

WWE is hoping to set a new attendance record next year, so they are expected to pull out all the stops and Rousey would definitely help with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,260 ✭✭✭✭rob316

HHH vs The Rock. They are still young enough and both have always put on great matches together. One last time would be great.

Taker vs sting. The two respective company men. 2 living legends. It would be a great wrestling match but would be up there with hogan and the rock.

Austin vs lesnar. He is the only guy Austin hasnt done a programme with. It would be amazing 2 of the toughest guys to ever compete in pro wrestling. Surely if the story and money is right Austin has the urge to do one more match.

WM31 spoilers...
    Gerry Rio wrote: »

Just to say that regarding this; I listened to the Wrestling Observer podcast and this was their opinion based on the segment, it didn't come from insider information on their part.

With the available talent I expect WWE have:

Pre-show:
    Andre The Giant Battle Royal just to get everyone on the card
    Some kind of multi-person divas tag match showcasing the newly revitalised women's division

Reigns vs Rusev w/ Lana
    Wyatt vs Finn Balor
    Sasha Banks w/Snoop Dogg vs Natalya w/ Kidd, Hart or some celebrity (this is a joke, really Banks vs Natalya would do) for Divas Championship
    Rollins (Face) vs Sheamus (Heel)
    HHH & Stephanie vs The Rock & Rousey (adjusted depending on what Dana/Rousey agree).
    Undertaker vs Bryan - this should be one last great Undertaker match before he retires; not really that interested in seeing Sting again.
    Lesnar vs Kevin Owens (still undefeated)
    Ambrose (heel) vs Cena - WWE Title - I think Ambrose would be really successful as a heel and a feud with Cena could get crowds going crazy. I think built right this could be huge. Given how Ambrose has been booked recently, Ambrose would have to start being built from now. I think you still need either Cena, Lesnar, Rock or Stone Cold to headline this WrestleMania; I am assuming Austin is unavailable as I don't think he will come back unfortunately.

Rock v HHH
    Sting v Taker
    Austin v lesnar
    Steph v Rousey
    Dx v Nwo
    Flair v Hogan
    The wwe roster in the Andre the giant battle Royal(pre show)

Printing money...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tugboats wrote: »
    Rock v HHH
    Sting v Taker
    Austin v lesnar
    Steph v Rousey
    Dx v Nwo
    Flair v Hogan
    The wwe roster in the Andre the giant battle Royal(pre show)

Printing money...

Yea now I know you're taking the piss.

Aside from the fact WWE said they'd never go back on Flair retirements after giving him such a big send off, that match would be horrible as would DX/NWO.

And people are dreaming if they think Austin is ever going to wrestle again, WM XXX was the best hope or even a few years prior to that. Plus with the condition of his neck, do we really want to see Lesnar throw him aorund the place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

This is just a card I'd love to see I guess rather than one designed to put bums in seats.

Main Event WWE Title
    Daniel Bryan vs Seth Rollins

Retirement Match
    Undertaker vs Sting

IC Title match
    Dolph Ziggler vs Chris Jericho vs Rob Van Dam

Team Vince vs Team Heyman
    HHH...................Brock Lesnar
    Cena...................CM Punk
    Reigns.................Kurt Angle

Diva's Title
    Paige vs AJ

Tag Title Ladder Match
    Lucha Dragons vs Dudleys vs Ascension vs USO's

US Title
    Dean Ambrose vs Antonio Cesaro

Tag Match
    Besties vs Bella's

Battle Royal
    With decent people, Orton,Sheamus,Neville etc

Pre-Show Panel
    Renee,Rock,Austin,Hogan,Michaels

Pre-Show
    A match or two actually showcasing some young talent (NXT)

Loughc wrote: »
    Yea now I know you're taking the piss.

Aside from the fact WWE said they'd never go back on Flair retirements after giving him such a big send off, that match would be horrible as would DX/NWO.

And people are dreaming if they think Austin is ever going to wrestle again, WM XXX was the best hope or even a few years prior to that. Plus with the condition of his neck, do we really want to see Lesnar throw him aorund the place?

He had 11 years to rest, he's 50 I really think he could manage one more match. The match wouldn't even need to be very good, 3 things would sell it as the biggest match in history.

Austin's last match
    Lesnar
    Austin

A proper goodbye for Austin and a final huge payday is what he deserves.

Lesnar match is the only match that would interest both parties. Its pure box office.
    Austin has been out 11 years so he probably is concerned on wether he can put on a good match as Austin was never one to do sloppy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Why are people pushing the old timers? People in their 50s can't put on good matches. It'd be cool for 5 mins and then once it sank in you'd be watching a mediocre at best match. Unfortunately WWE probably won't see it that way and half the card will be people 40+

Ideally I'd like a Daniel Bryan/Ambrose/Rollins feud, though I suspect Reigns will still be up there. Some NXT guys to get promoted and get in on the card, I'm thinking Owens and Balor in particular.

What really needs to be sorted out is the tag team division. It's a joke at present and traditionally they're one of the most enjoyable matches to watch if done right. Needs to be more stables.

rob316 wrote: »
    He had 11 years to rest, he's 50 I really think he could manage one more match. The match wouldn't even need to be very good, 3 things would sell it as the biggest match in history.

Austin's last match
    Lesnar
    Austin

A proper goodbye for Austin and a final huge payday is what he deserves.

Lesnar match is the only match that would interest both parties. Its pure box office.
    Austin has been out 11 years so he probably is concerned on wether he can put on a good match as Austin was never one to do sloppy.

Its a waste of 30minutes and you're not in a position to say if Austin is fit to wrestle or not, nobody here is. If WWE are determined to have an Austin segment i have the perfect one for them and it wont require him stinking up the ring for 30mins.

Vince in the ring to announce an attendance record.
    Glass breaks. Austin appears and stuns vince.
    Drinks a beer and heads away.
    The biggest pop of the night and it takes 5 minutes:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Austin is my favourite of all time, and I'd love to see him one more time wrestling at WM. But although I'm not one of these people who believes Lesnar is dangerous, I think it would still be a lot to ask Stone Cold to take 10+ suplexes on that neck of his. There is no point asking Lesnar to get rid of the suplexes for the night either, what's the point.

I'd love to see Austin wrestle again but at the same time, I wouldn't.

Wouldn't mind seeing Rock v Triple H again next year though.

Was never a WCW fan growing up, in my young mind I always saw them as a knock-off of WWE so I had no desire one way or another to see Sting this year, or next. But it makes sense if it's him v Taker.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Brock vs Bryan - Title Match
    Taker vs Sting - Im done match
    Rock vs Trips - cant see dana giving permission for a ronda match so two women in the corners
    Orton vs Finn Balor vs Bray Wyatt
    Sasha Banks vs Paige - Womens Title Match
    Rollins vs Ambrose vs Reigns - Looser leaves WWE
    Kevin Owens vs John Cena
    Kurt Angle vs Rusev - Rusev wins back the US Title around Survivor Series - Angle returns at Rumble - Boom
    Ladder Match - IC Title again
    DZ, Neville, Stardust, BNB, Tyler Breeze, Hideo, Sheamus, Samoa Joe

Preshow
    Lucha Dragons vs The Usos - Tag titles
    Battle royal with everyone

There is only 2 people thats not on the books at wwe - Angle & Joe - but the rumours are joe is gonna be signed! After that i think that would be some card - not too many oldies - plenty of new guys! Thought about putting joe in the triple threath with orton and finn but thought he would be better with the ladder

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

These two matches could satisfy being big enough to main event such a show and not involve pushing the old timers:

Seth Rollins vs Roman Reigns vs Dean Ambrose or Brock Lesnar vs Daniel Bryan

then you have the rest of the card as something like this

Retirement match
    The Undertaker vs Sting

Mainstream attention getter
    HHH w/Stephanie McMahon vs The Rock w/Ronda Rousey

Intercontinental Title match
    Finn Balor vs Bray Wyatt

US Title Match
    John Cena vs Dolph Ziggler

Andre Battle Roya
    Orton, Sheamus, Sandow, Neville, Big Show, The Miz, Ryback, Rusev, Mark Henry, Barrett, Luke Harper, Kane, Cody Rhodes...and more...stacked lineup

Tag Team Title Lader Match
    Kidd/Cesaro vs The Usos vs The Ascension

The Divas Title - fatal four way
    Nikki Bella vs Charlotte vs Paige vs Natalya

thats just off the top of my head and you could have say some skits with Austin and the like cos it's Texas thrown in there and have some NXT people like Sasha, Kevin Owens etc on the pre-show unless your afraid they will upstage the main event wrestlers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

According to Pwinsider.com, Undertaker was reportedly telling those backstage that he felt great after his match with Bray Wyatt and that he planned to work next year’s WrestleMania 32 event. That event will take place in Dallas, TX.

Undertaker shared a locker room with Sting at WrestleMania, and also shared the same flight back to Texas. The site reports that they had discussions about working together, possibly next year at WrestleMania. That was reportedly WWE’s plan when they brought Sting in, but WWE Management has cooled on long term plans for Sting.

I know it was very late Tuesday morning but you should check out Sting's post-Raw interview on the WWE Network. Sting seemed to be a man who was kind of dejected and not someone energised and proud after his Wrestlemania match.

rovert wrote: »
    I know it was very late Tuesday morning but you should check out Sting's post-Raw interview on the WWE Network. Sting seemed to be a man who was kind of dejected and not someone energised and proud after his Wrestlemania match.

Why would he be proud, he sold out and let WWE do to him what he always said they would. Sure he'll have a sack of cash to comfort him but his legacy is tarnished IMO.

I hope he sticks around and is used properly because he can certainly draw and always has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

rovert wrote: »

I know they are both old but it would be something I would pay to see . Taker vs Sting would be amazing !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I just hope Sting gets a few wins under his belt it would be horrible for Sting just to wrestle 2 Wrestlemanias and lose both of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Slightly off topic and please direct me elsewhere if need be, but to the lucky people who have been to a Wrestlemania, how much approx. per person are talking, for flights/reasonably close to ring tickets, HOF + Axxess events/basic accommodation, (excluding spending money which is each to their own depending on how much you like merchandise and beer I guess)?
    I know it's not been in this stadium before but what do people think based on past trips?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement