Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 32 to be 100,000 capacity. What would be your lineup to fill the stadium

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Was thinking more from an exposure/publicity point of view than the risk of injury to be honest. If people don't see her for a while before she gets back into the octagon they'll be able to hype her return even more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Hulk hogan

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭MrLucidLJ

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So what will they do with taker. Can't afford to leave him off it.

Taker vs league of nations
    Taker vs Kevin Owens
    Taker vs Wyatt's (please no done to death)
    Taker vs Y2J

Cena and sting are injured so that's them out.

No they can't afford to leave him off the only matches there that are good are Owens or Jericho vs Taker I like Owens more but it would be nice for him to go over but they won't do it.

A possible opponent could even be Kane in a double retirement match. They could build it up as Austin-Rock III where Kane never got a win over Undertaker at WrestleMania and this could be his last chance.

Thats an awful idea I don't want to see another Kane feud its been done to death. And would you have Kane beat him???

Kayfabe wise that makes all the sense in the world to me but I'm sure the smarks would **** all over it. Then again, there doesn't seem to be many clear and obvious candidates now.

How does Kane vs Taker 3 at mania make sense the feud has been on and off 19 years Austin vs Rock was like 5.5 years then finished?

• Advertisement

Kane vs Taker vs sting (very limited movement from him).

It could end with the 3 guys embracing one another and then lights out

A match like that is crying out for a Wyatt interference

Why would you do a 3 way if Sting was fit I would just do that match that people have wanted for like 20 years in a double retirement match. Fair enough with the embrace but why would Wyatt then come out? What is it leading to then?

ERG89 wrote: »
    Said it then but doing the Lesnar vs Taker blow off match at the HIAC PPV was a stupid, stupid decision -_-

Would you have kept the last match for Mania instead in hindsight it was a bit short sighted but guessing they wanted to have something good for the fall ppvs.

I'd like to see Taker vs Ambrose

OR Taker vs Reigns ...provided Reigns doesn't win

Ambrose would have been something if he was built up more and would you do Reigns vs Taker for the title or none title?

If Jericho came back as his 2008-2009 serious heel persona then I think he would of been a perfect opponent for Taker at Mania this year.

That would have been the best time to do it like Mania 25 or 26 ish time could have worked instead of doing Takers Michaels 2.

DM_7 wrote: »
    This is one of the strangest Mania build ups i can remember.

Due to injuries amd over exposure to names that were booked poorly i am struggling to think of interesting match ups for anyone.

It should be easy to think of matches that make sense, Kevin Owens or Dean Ambrose should be in a position to face Brock, Taker or Reigns but nope.

Even New Day don't have an obvious foe.

Well we haven't seen build yet we are only leading up to Rumble and that build is average at best. I agree about the injuries it has really hurt them and 100% agree on booking it has made most of the roster look like complete losers for the most part Roman is the only somewhat star and there are a few guys underneath but nowhere even near his level. Owens might get either Brock or Taker or as you said Brock vs Reigns or Ambrose their are different ways to go if they want to think and be creative.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Steph is training apparently, so is it to challenge Taker :p

Has she been posting stuff on instagram?

Rousey's film was delayed so there's a chance of her making Mania now, so she ain't training for nothing I assume

I heard one of her films is delayed but the other one is around Mania time but its in Indonesia so dunno if UFC or the film people have even given her permission to be at Mania 32 it would be great if they let her appear at least or do something.

Pentecost wrote: »
    Can't imagine UFC allowing her first match back to be in WWE.

Your right it would have to be for big money and would have to give some exposure to UFC through WWE. I heard she won't even be back for UFC 200 so she might not appear much this year until the end of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

After getting smashed I don't think Ronda carries the same weight. If she was to win the rematch I'd try get her next year.

I'd have literally no interest in her at WM.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Depends, If shes in a squash match with Steph or if she is part of a mixed tag, WWE could give UFC guarntees that she wont be doing anything too physical on the show apart from a few slaps to Steph and maybe a round house to Hunter.

Thank could be true if she was limited and WWE gave UFC promises but the thing is what is UFC benefiting I think they would want some good exposure from WWE if she did something of note on the show. I want her on the show but knowing UFC they won't allow it I know WWE would love her on the show.

Pentecost wrote: »
    Was thinking more from an exposure/publicity point of view than the risk of injury to be honest. If people don't see her for a while before she gets back into the octagon they'll be able to hype her return even more.

Thats a really good point if she is out of the limelight for long enough they could really build it up for her return. I heard she won't be on UFC 200 so guessing it will be end of summer or nearer end of year before she comes back it might be a bit too long to leave her off near a year before her rematch fight and Holly might not even be champ by then.

After getting smashed I don't think Ronda carries the same weight. If she was to win the rematch I'd try get her next year.

I'd have literally no interest in her at WM.

I would have interest if she battered Steph around the ring it would be entertaining she has obviously lost some appeal losing but she is a big star. She had a poor strategy in that fight and lots of stuff going on. She was against an extremely talented boxer and kickboxer former world champ, even at 34 was great in the fight. Ronda needs to go to the ground or not be as aggressive and patient in a rematch. She needs to keep her head down and away from drama and train as hard as possible for a rematch then she has a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

A bit of fantasy booking of WM post Royal Rumble :
    - Andre Battle Royal
    - Chris Jericho vs. AJ Styles
    - Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens
    - Bray Wyatt vs. Brock Lesnar
    - Kalisto vs. Jushin Thunder Liger for United States Championship (would be cool if they could get Liger to work another once off match again)
    - Dean Ambrose vs. Seamus for IC championship
    - Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks for Divas Championship
    - Fatal 4 Way Tag Team match (New Day vs. Usos vs. Dudleys vs. Enzo & Cass)
    - Undertaker vs. Kane
    - Triple H vs. Roman Reigns for WWE Championship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

MrLucidLJ wrote: »
    How does Kane vs Taker 3 at mania make sense the feud has been on and off 19 years Austin vs Rock was like 5.5 years then finished?
    For the reason you just said, because it's been on and off again for 19 years is why it would make sense to me, they have been both arch rivals and close allies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

WWE Championship Match:
    HHH vs. Reigns (would prefer if it wasn't for the belt but what can you do.

Brock vs. Rock

IC Title Match (falls count anywhere/street fight):
    Dean Ambrose vs. Kevin Owens

US Title Match:
    Kalisto vs. Del Rio

Money in the Bank Ladder Match:
    Sheamus vs. Neville vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Bray Wyatt vs. The Miz (think they need to get rid of his Hollywood gimmick and make him heel Miz again)

Tag Team Title Match:
    New Day vs. Wyatt Family vs. Rusev/BNB vs. Enzo Amore/Big Cass

Women's Title:
    Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch

Chris Jericho vs. AJ Stlyes

Battle Royal Match

I wouldn't have Undertaker fight, I'd much prefer him to come out as himself and not in character. Give a big farewell speech and what not, have the League of Nations or Social Outcasts come out and interrupt him. Have Kane (not in character either) come out to help Taker clear ring, let them hug it out or whatever in the ring and do their Brother of Destruction pose at the top of the ramp.

• Advertisement

WWE Championship Match:

Brock vs. Rock

US Title Match:
    Kalisto vs. Del Rio

Sheamus vs. Neville vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Bray Wyatt vs. The Miz (think they need to get rid of his Hollywood gimmick and make him heel Miz again)

Tag Team Title Match:

Women's Title:

Battle Royal Match

I wouldn't have Undertaker fight, I'd much prefer him to come out as himself and not in character. Give a big farewell speech and what not, have the League of Nations or Social Outcasts come out and interrupt him. Have Kane (not in character either) come out to help Taker clear ring, let them hug it out or whatever in the ring and do their Brother of Destruction pose at the top of the ramp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

While watching the WM Silicon Valley special, it made me think there's not really a match like Sting/HHH this year.

Also if Taker doesn't fight I would suggest making the triple main event (if they're going with the expected matches):
    HHH vs Reigns
    Brock vs Wyatt
    Charlotte vs Sasha (vs Becky)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

WWE Championship Match:

Brock vs. Rock

US Title Match:
    Kalisto vs. Del Rio

Tag Team Title Match:

Women's Title:

Battle Royal Match

taker has too be in match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This is going to be the Wrestlemania of gimmick matches!

WWE Title:
    HHH vs Reigns (No DQ)

Intercontinental Title:
    Ambrose vs Owens (Ladder match)

US Title:
    Kalisto vs Del Rio

Tag Team Titles:
    New Day vs The Usos vs The Dudleys vs TLON (Rusev/Barrett)

Women's title:
    Charlotte vs Sasha (Submission match)

Brock vs Bray Wyatt (What a waste of a Brock match)

AJ vs Y2J

Undertaker vs ?????? (No idea, but he will be in a match)

Andre The Giant Battle Royal (Winner: Strowman, probably)

taker has too be in match

He doesn't have to be. But if you have to stick him just because it's Mania then let him fight Kane and have one last match in his home state and retire in peace the next night on Raw then.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Andre The Giant Battle Royal (Winner: Strowman, probably)

I'd rather see Hornswoggle come back and win the battle royal before Strowman haha. Would like to see the next NXT guy to come up to main roster to win it, maybe someone like Baron Corbin or Sami Zayn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I dont get the idea of Taker v Kane, they were just kidnapped by the wyatts a couple of months back and were the brothers of destruction again, i cant see how a feud could be started, but it is wwe after all, so it could as easily start with Kane just walking out some night on raw and attacking Taker for no reason whatsoever.

If he has to have a match, let it be against say, Samoa Joe, who wants to ''make'' a name for himself in wwe so challenge wwe's main man on his ppv, easy match for Taker, great opportunity for Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

WWE Championship Match:
    HHH vs. Reigns - HATE This match so much - terrible to headline a ppv!!

Brock vs. Bray - set up from Rumble

IC Title Match (Ladder Match):
    Dean Ambrose vs. Sheamus - Sheamus costs Ambrose at fastlane

Undertaker vs FINN - right im irish - i love finn - but as a handing of the torch undertaker can come back and be like ive beat everyone of worth etc... there is no1 worthy or dark enough blah blah blah - demon finn! Just it would fit with something cool and relevant this year.

US Title Match:
    Kalisto vs. Sami - open challenge for a few weeks and sami asks for the open challenge at mania

Tag Team Title Match:
    New Day vs. USO's vs. Rusev/ADR vs. Dudleys - (would love if Enzo and Cass were in it but i cant see it)

Women's Title:
    Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch vs Eva Marie

Owens vs. AJ Stlyes - Falls count anywhere

Battle Royal Match

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The idea was floated on the Law Radio post-Rumble show that they could possibly do Brock/Taker vs The Wyatts, with Brock and Taker running a respect partnership....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

They should scrap the Andre Battle Royal for an NXT Battle Royal, where the winner gets a contract to the main roster. Or an NXT MITB for a contract.....good god, I'd love a job booking in the WWE

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement