Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 32 to be 100,000 capacity. What would be your lineup to fill the stadium

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Triple H vs Reigns vs Ambrose for the wwe title (triple h is cheating and cue Seth Rollins returns from his injury early and costs triple h the match which leads to a shield reunion.

wwe want Goldberg back for mania and also are in discussions with Batista. Goldberg vs Batista ??

Brock/Taker vs Wyatts

Kevin Owens vs Sammy Zayn

Aj Styles vs Samoa Joe

Y2J (wins Intercon title before mania) vs Alberto Del Rio vs Kalisto- Intercon/Us title match

Russev/Sheamus/Barrett vs Balor Club (Finn Balor/Anderson/Gallows)

The Rock/Usos vs New Day

Charlotte vs Becky vs Sasha banks- Divas Title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Where are you getting this Bill Goldberg vs. Batista idea from, is it being reported on any of the sites? I haven't been looking at any of them this week, getting my news here mainly. I guess it could be cool but it would make more sense if they had Batista go over, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Hopefully they don't rush him back too soon. I ain't his biggest fan but all they need now is to rush him back and risk him picking up another knock and being without another top guy

They've really gotta look into organising some sort of rest period for the wrestlers to give their bodies actual time to heal and rest properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I firmly believe Cena makes WM. A 75% Cena v whatever% Taker has left, at WM doesnt even need a massive build. Hava Taker advertised for a Raw a few weeks in advance, Taker comes out is about to speak and BANG Cenas music hits. Thats all they need. Staredown, point to the sign etc... The match itself at WM doesnt even need to be hard hitting or have massive bumps. Work it like Hogan v Rock in Toronto and it will still go down as an all time classic moment/match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Or an NXT MITB for a contract

"You wanna be on Raw."
    "No, you wanna be on Raw."

*everyone shoves Baron Corbin up ladder*

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Ridley wrote: »
    "You wanna be on Raw."
    "No, you wanna be on Raw."

*everyone shoves Baron Corbin up ladder*

Have a winner gets to stay on NXT match, but with main roster wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭tramoreman77

I wonder will they use the new stadium in Las Vegas that the ufc plan to use,what's happening with John Cena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

So what do people think the card is shaping up to be now? Quite poor to see only 2 fairly certain matches and even they aren't guaranteed only a month before the biggest show of the year, what happened to matches nearly being decided at the royal rumble.

• Advertisement

dont knw but i would rather see Cena vs Taker than strowman vs taker. Strowman vs taker is another predicable result while cena/taker could go anyway. My dream of Sting vs Taker is not going to happen :(:(

my card (subject to change)

WWE title- Triple H vs Reigns Special Refs The Rock and Shawn Michaels
    Cena vs Taker
    Brock vs Bray Wyatt vs Ambrose
    8 man IC/US title ladder match- Kevin Owens vs Dolph Ziggler vs Y2J vs AJ Styles vs Sheamus vs Miz vs Kalisto vs Alberto Del Rio
    Kane/Big Show vs Luke Harper/Erick Rowan-Losers leave the Dark side
    Charlotte w Ric Flair vs Brie Bella w Daniel Bryan
    Dudleys vs The Usos vs New Day vs Social outcasts - TLC tag title match
    Russev vs Ryback

pre show
    Divas number one contender battle royal
    Andre The Giant battle royal (Strowman to feature)

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

listening to Jim Ross podcast with Sean waltman on it and he seems to think that Rollins could be on mania that ppl will be surprised to hear his recovery is going so well! Could be one to watch! Could we take another screwjob on Reigns!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

PTH2009 wrote: »
    dont knw but i would rather see Cena vs Taker than strowman vs taker. Strowman vs taker is another predicable result while cena/taker could go anyway. My dream of Sting vs Taker is not going to happen :(:(

my card (subject to change)

WWE title- Triple H vs Reigns Special Refs The Rock and Shawn Michaels
    Cena vs Taker
    Brock vs Bray Wyatt vs Ambrose
    8 man IC/US title ladder match- Kevin Owens vs Dolph Ziggler vs Y2J vs AJ Styles vs Sheamus vs Miz vs Kalisto vs Alberto Del Rio
    Kane/Big Show vs Luke Harper/Erick Rowan-Losers leave the Dark side
    Charlotte w Ric Flair vs Brie Bella w Daniel Bryan
    Dudleys vs The Usos vs New Day vs Social outcasts - TLC tag title match
    Russev vs Ryback

pre show
    Divas number one contender battle royal
    Andre The Giant battle royal (Strowman to feature)

Think this is pretty close to what will happen but if i were in charge, i would change the top 2 matches to

Triple H v Brock Lesnar with special guest referee, Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Ambrose v Wyatt v Reigns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'd go for something like this;

HHH(c) vs Reigns vs Ambrose
    Brock vs Bray Wyatt
    Undertaker vs John Cena(if he's available)
    Sasha vs Becky vs Brie vs Charlotte(c)
    AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens(c)
    Alberto Del Rio vs Kalisto(c), Hair vs Mask
    New Day(c) vs Uso's vs Dudleys vs Enzo and Cass TLC match
    Andre the Giant Battle Royale with all the mid card geeks

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I'd go for something like this;

HHH(c) vs Reigns vs Ambrose
    Brock vs Bray Wyatt
    Undertaker vs John Cena(if he's available)
    Sasha vs Becky vs Brie vs Charlotte(c)
    AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens(c)
    Alberto Del Rio vs Kalisto(c), Hair vs Mask
    New Day(c) vs Uso's vs Dudleys vs Enzo and Cass TLC match
    Andre the Giant Battle Royale with all the mid card geeks

not bad but if cenas not available who will face taker ???. id like to see Y2J face him

not bad but if cenas not available who will face taker ???. id like to see Y2J face him

Lot of rumours about this.

Meltzer has said it's someone "not on the roster at the moment."

Whether that means someone is being called up(Balor? Joe?) or its someone like Goldberg(surely not) or he simply meant the active roster(which suggests someone like Cena or Orton).

Y2J doesn't have the credibility to face Taker imo. It'd be a good match but I don't think i'd buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Iv'e posted before that if Taker has a match, i'd love it to be against Samoa Joe, He wants to make a name for himself in wwe, and who better then Taker at Mania to do it, plus after the physical matches Taker has had in the last few years, a match with Joe would be right up his street.

I see the attraction in Cena because its a big name v big name, but would the match itself live up to the hype, im not so sure

Iv'e posted before that if Taker has a match, i'd love it to be against Samoa Joe, He wants to make a name for himself in wwe, and who better then Taker at Mania to do it, plus after the physical matches Taker has had in the last few years, a match with Joe would be right up his street.

I see the attraction in Cena because its a big name v big name, but would the match itself live up to the hype, im not so sure

Whats not to be sure of? Cena is the best big match wrestler in America and Taker is Taker. With all the added bells and whistles it will be an amazing spectacle, moment and match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

LeeJM wrote: »
    Whats not to be sure of? Cena is the best big match wrestler in America and Taker is Taker. With all the added bells and whistles it will be an amazing spectacle, moment and match.

Aye, and that is what Mania is about.

Taker is running out of time, it will be insane if he was to retire without never having faced Cena at Mania in what is probably the biggest money match left for both guys.

Yep, its not quite Rock v Hogan in a generational sense but its still a MASSIVE match. Its like Hogan v Andre almost. The perennial champ (Hogan/Cena) v the main attraction that didnt need a belt (Andre/Taker). Its #1 in the company v #1a in the company.

• Advertisement

Lot of rumours about this.

Meltzer has said it's someone "not on the roster at the moment."

Whether that means someone is being called up(Balor? Joe?) or its someone like Goldberg(surely not) or he simply meant the active roster(which suggests someone like Cena or Orton).

Y2J doesn't have the credibility to face Taker imo. It'd be a good match but I don't think i'd buy it.

Dave talked more about this today.

He was very clear it's someone who isn't on the roster right now. Not Orton. Not Cena. Not an NXT guy.

Alvarez asked him was it possible he was being swerved and Dave very clearly said "No, not this source. It's too high up the chain and it's someone who knows the lineup. 100%"

He talked about Goldberg but he said Goldberg and Vince probably won't do business and there is bitterness there.

He thinks it's Sting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Hulk hogan and big daddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Kevin Nash and an NWO reunion perhaps.... its been 20 years since bash at the beach 96

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'd rather see Hulk Hogan fight The Undertaker than Kevin Nash. We saw that back in 1996.

Dave talked more about this today.

He was very clear it's someone who isn't on the roster right now. Not Orton. Not Cena. Not an NXT guy.

Alvarez asked him was it possible he was being swerved and Dave very clearly said "No, not this source. It's too high up the chain and it's someone who knows the lineup. 100%"

He talked about Goldberg but he said Goldberg and Vince probably won't do business and there is bitterness there.

He thinks it's Sting.

If sting is able to wrestle than they should do it. It would that massive match this mania needs may not be the best match wrestling wise but the promos would be epic

If sting is able to wrestle than they should do it. It would that massive match this mania needs may not be the best match wrestling wise but the promos would be epic

The only dream match left for me as a long term fan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

New Day should be on a major winning streak right now so they can be in a big match. Big E especially should be in a major spotlight when shows like this role around.

Rock was headlined three manias by the time he was 28. They need more faith in people like Big E.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

Does anybody think we could see Nakamura against Taker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Does anybody think we could see Nakamura against Taker?

Given that I'd say >75% of the audience haven't a monkeys who Nakamura is or what he is about you have two chances of that bout.

The necessity for these comebacks is beyond dull at this stage. There is no nostalgic kick or excitement if it happens EVERY year.

Haven't been inspired by Taker since his last match with Trips. Performance-wise that was the last bit of gas he had in his tank.

Sting-Taker should have been Sting's sole purpose of a WWE appearance. Think that boat has sailed at this stage TBH.

That said there is just something about a possible Cena/Taker match that would get me very excited. Don't know if it makes sense but IMO that would have a greater Rock/Hogan feel to it than Rock/Cena could ever have had.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

If somehow Sting is good to go then yeah they should do that although in someways it will be a little sad as if Taker wins as that'd mean zero big wins for Sting in his WWE run (think he had one throw away win teaming with Cena on Raw).

I'd imagine if this match is a possibility then it'd be Cena the following year with Taker retiring after like Sting this year. throwing the idea of Cena "retiring" Taker into the mix could really add to the big match feel of that with no streak on the line.

so to summarize....please not Strowman!

Think we will probably get the start to this build on Monday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement