Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multimeter

• 20-01-2015 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Anyone recommend a decent multimeter??
    I do a bit of fixing and tinkering with TV,s and PCB,s.
    Don't want to spend a fortune as I will not be using it every day.
    thanks in advance!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Thanks for that,
    Not alot of them ones for sale in ireland.
    Might try and get a fluke 113.

113 is pretty barren featurewise, doesn't even have current measurement...
    Amprobe are Fluke in another wrapper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Will try and get an amprobe so!!!

Well when I say the same wrapper. Same factory, dunno if they're the same engineers behind the gubbins.
    Decent meters.

If you want a Fluke there's loads second hand on ebay
    They may or may not want calibration. They do hold calibration a very long time and even so on a 5 digit meter I rarely find myself needing more than 4.

Lifetime Warranty on the 87 series too, some reports are that Fluke honour the warranty of the device others of the original purchaser.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I have a few multimeters, but my main one is the Kewtech KT-115 .. I paid 75 euro for it at an electrical wholesaler in Portlaoise.. he guy said that it's the one that all the ESB electricians use.. I have had it for about two years and I'm very happy with it;... I fix TVs, monitors, laptop chargers, etc and I find it does the job well.. The HZ meter on it is really handy... However for testing capacitors properly, which is important for TVs, you should get an ESR meter / capacitance meter as well..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

Uni-t ut61e is the best bang for the buck. Can even connect to the PC so very handy for recording over time

I had a Uni-T for a while, I think it survived 2 years before it died. Range switch became unreliable.
    I did keep it in a toolbox though in fairness.

Advertisement