Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring funds monthly from ROI BOI account to NI BOI account

Options
  • 20-01-2015 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to find out information on what the cheapest form of transfer is to transfer money from a republic of Ireland BOI account to a Norther Ireland BOI account.

Should I be setting up a SEPA payee on 365 or a Non-Sepa payee on 365. Or is there a better way to go about this?

Basically I'll be getting paid in Euro's into the account in the republic and I'll be looking to transfer 4/500 Euro every month to the Northern account to pay for rent.

Can you advise on this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I heard from Nationwide UK Ireland. That they are extremely popular with people transferring money to the UK, as they offer the best exchange rate for GBP. Maybe check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I use currencyfair.com save a fortune doing it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭krazymuthafuka

thanks guys, I'll look into both of these

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi,

I'm looking to find out information on what the cheapest form of transfer is to transfer money from a republic of Ireland BOI account to a Norther Ireland BOI account.

Should I be setting up a SEPA payee on 365 or a Non-Sepa payee on 365. Or is there a better way to go about this?

Basically I'll be getting paid in Euro's into the account in the republic and I'll be looking to transfer 4/500 Euro every month to the Northern account to pay for rent.

Can you advise on this?

Thanks
    Hi,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards. 

You can add a SEPA payee to make the transfer to your Northern Ireland Bank of Ireland account on Bank of Ireland 365 Online. This would send the transfer in Euros and there would be no charge to receive the payment into your Northern Ireland account, just the exchange rate that applies on that day. You can find our daily exchange rates here.

If you choose to make a non SEPA transfer to your Northern Ireland account, the exchange rate will be displayed on the screen when you make this transfer online. 

I hope this helps and please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Thanks Sarah,

Is there a charge for the non-SEPA payee transfer? 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi,

The only charge to transfer within the EU is the automated transaction charge, which is currently 20c for Personal Current Account holders. This applies to both SEPA and International transfers within the EU. If making an international transfer to a country outside the EU, the charge is €5. We have more information on this here.

We hope this helps however if you have any further questions, please let us know.

Thanks
    Tara

Perfect. Thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Hi,

Can you advise on this?

Thanks
    Don't use currencyfair going into a Northern Ireland BOI account, BOI will charge you 5 pounds per transaction.
    Transferwise is what I use, no fee from BOI due to the system used to transfer.

Could you tell me the time scale on BOI souther account to norther BOI account? is it instant or will it take a few days?

Thanks dobsdave - i'll check this out also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Could you tell me the time scale on BOI souther account to norther BOI account? is it instant or will it take a few days?
    Hi, 

Thanks for your post.

A SEPA transfer to a Northern Ireland Bank of Ireland account will take one working day, if you make the transfer on a working day before the 3.30pm cut-off time. If you made this transfer after 3.30pm, the transfer will be made the following working day. 
    When you make the transfer in Sterling (Non SEPA transfer) before 3.30pm, this can take three working days to be received. More information on this can be found here.

I hope this helps, please let us know if we can help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement

Hi,

The only charge to transfer within the EU is the automated transaction charge, which is currently 20c for Personal Current Account holders. This applies to both SEPA and International transfers within the EU. If making an international transfer to a country outside the EU, the charge is €5. We have more information on this here.

We hope this helps however if you have any further questions, please let us know.

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

In the above post you've stated that there is a 20c charge for both SEPA and International transfers within the EU. I've transferred from BOI ROI account to BOI NI account and have been charged 5Euro using International transfers and obviously within the EU. Have I been incorrectly charged or is the above information incorrect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi,

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

In the above post you've stated that there is a 20c charge for both SEPA and International transfers within the EU. I've transferred from BOI ROI account to BOI NI account and have been charged 5Euro using International transfers and obviously within the EU. Have I been incorrectly charged or is the above information incorrect?

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us on Boards.

For payments made through 365 Online currently the 20c transaction charge will apply to your personal current account(if you are not eligible for no transaction fees offer)for international payments to the UK, EU Member States and EEA Countries (e.g. Sterling to UK, Zloty to Poland) -  this may be subject to change in the future.

Countries with a FX Conversion (e.g. US$ to United States) are charged at €5.

To have this charge investigated you can call 0818 365 365 and a representative will be happy to look into this for you.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Nicola

Advertisement